Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Extending wireless signal with Y adaptor  (Read 7283 times)

dsm382

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Extending wireless signal with Y adaptor
« on: May 22, 2007, 03:46:33 PM »

Please forgive me if there is already an answer to this question on line, but since I am on dialup, it takes lots of time to read every post. Thank you.

I have problem with receiving all 4 cameras at same time.(looking to have 6 when done).
I have 60’ long house; I have 2 B&W low light and 1 color with ninja at one corner on back of house.
On the other corner, also on the back of house, I have a color with ninja mounted on detached garage about 30’ away.
What I was told was if I had reception problems I can ‘Y’ two receivers ( one at one end and the other end of house)  into one to go to TV and/or PC as I want to do.
I have both receivers in the attic, about 10’ from each corner. I have added wire through attic to tie all these into cables to go to bdrm TV, Kitchen TV and PC in office . And I have checked and double checked all my connections.  I get good reception from the 3 cameras on the Kitchen TV (receiver is wired in 20' away in attic on end of house with 3 cams) but get fuzz and bad reception in bdrm and PC. I found I did have an old receiver that might have been causing the problem, I removed it and most of my static/fuzz went away, I now have good reception on bdrm TV of the 3 cameras, but can not get reception from 4th camera (which should be coming from the extra receiver). And have checked and double checked a,b,c,d switch. Both Recv are on A.
I know maybe I should send it all back and just go with wired cameras, but on both ends of house I need the wireless ability to mount camera at the garage and a shed on the other end. I have good reception from garage camera to bdrm tv (receiver in attic above room).
Any thoughts?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Extending wireless signal with Y adaptor
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »

You can re-transmit your wireless video. From one receiver, into a video sender (be sure to use a different channel ..say B...instead of A).

Or you can do as I did.

I use the Phillips four device auto switching modulator (I got at Walmart) I then ran my own coax in the basement and now my cameras are on on channel 3. One TV was more difficult to RE-cable so for that TV I use a video sender and receiver to broadcast to that TV. Where once again I use the auto switching video modulator, so anytime a motion sensor "triggers" a camera ON, the camera image automatically replaces whichever channel was selected on the cable.

Approch my front door, the sensor triggers my system the (X10) chime sounds, a light turns on, and the camera image replaces and TV show that might be on the TV.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.