Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who in their right mine would buy this product! (Got my RMA do you?)  (Read 6665 times)

Boris2007

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

How can any contractor want to sell this? Product?
Been in business for 17 years!, In the security field of 27 years!
1: How can you sell a product?
A: That on the main menu it tells the customer to order new modules from x-10 and not from your company doing the job? (Which I was told it cannot be removed!)
B: The quality level of the 1st line support has no clue on troubleshooting this product!
C: 2nd Line support does not call you back, so I cannot comment on them!
D: Why you cannot sell a 4,8,9 or 16 port quad video interface to work with this program so the customer has some hard-wired quality video cameras and a stand alone DVR!
E: Wish I could see it work, so far I have not been able to see the video option turn on or work when tripped!  Nor can I even pull it up!
F: Have 10, x-10 Mini controllers, that when I plug in the CM15A, Stops them from working!
G: After seeing many Video & Security Programs in 27 years, this on seems to have been designed by a 5th grader! “ Which just may be all right for the average customer!”  But not someone who does it for a living!

medvampire

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Who in their right mine would buy this product! (Got my RMA do you?)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:16:01 PM »

I just a noob but here goes.

A. belongs in the contractor forum
B.This product is not hard to trouble shoot if you learn the theory of how it works.
C.You should try to ts with other product lines some time.
D.Price They are trying to keep the product in a reasonable price range.
E.Haven't tried video and belongs in a diffrent topic.
F.If you ask for help the forum will help you.
G.This system is for the DIY type but with an understanding of how the system works it can be very stable.

This forum is about people helping people to solve problems. If you feel the need to spout please move it to the review area. If you ask a queston here they will help you the their best knowledge to get you an answer.

As for contracting the product I have had several people who have seen the system want me to install in their home. I may after I have learned more to the point I can teach how it works after install.

Steve

medvampire

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:19:28 AM »

Sorry Duck69 and Boris2007
I guess I didn't see the cry for help there. I must be one of the lucky ones who has had a good experience with this system. I had had some issues but with a lot of reading and help form the forum I have had the system up and running with very little problems. I do agree it is perfect but any system is as good as the programmer, installer, and troubleshooter. I look at this system as a hobbyist dream and have a lot of fun with it. I love the wow factor and the WAF I have gotten from the system.

Boris2007
The automation system works but there is a learning curve to it. I thought it was a plug and pray system ::) but after some reading I know it takes some tweeking.
Steve

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 10:40:28 AM »

Boris2007
Since you have been in the business for 17 years I find it hard to believe that all your installations were flawless!
You've never had to bebug an instalation?
Since AHP attempts to take all the homeautomation devices and control them you have to relearn some of your old ways
Having multiple transceivers can screw things up royally unless you take steps!(just one example)
Please take the time to explain exactly what your problems are so we as others can learn from your experience!
Users on this board have over come many problems explain yours in detail and I'm sure someone can suggest a means to correct the situation!

I understand your frustrations with the program but you don't have to let the customer use it for automation!
You can use it just to upload to the interface the customer never needs to see it!
Many here can suggest other programs such as HomeDomination!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Boris2007

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 05:28:35 PM »

:o Thank you all very much for your comments!
I go back to using the IBM version of this "Home Director"
At lease there they don't tell the customer (My customer to order from them, not me)
The Lamps/Timers work and did work fine!
Its all the problems using the video and macros!
Yet to see i watch-out.

What's most frostrating is trying to get support!
Today i wrote a 10 page letter to x10 giving them both my cell and home #'s
i did get a call back at my home! "But i was not there waiting for them.
Because of the fact i called them 10 times, e-mailed them 3 times!

Yes I'm am not happy! "Still don't work!
Whats worse is trying to set-up a demo, and like getting parts for i-witness, but not the software!
or ordering door contacts for i-watch out but the software don't come with it.

Thanks a lot guys for your comments!
I do really want to see it work!
I install a lot of GE alarm that use x10, so the customer has allready had a taste of it!

Jim

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.