Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyHouse Online and Video  (Read 25887 times)

debbiea

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MyHouse Online and Video
« on: December 25, 2006, 12:32:33 PM »

I just go a wireless video camera (XX20A).  I am trying to get it set up so I can view video using MyHouse Online.  I can see the video on my home computer using AHP with no problems.  When I sign onto MyHouse Online using a remote computer, I cannot see any video.  It is showing as video connected in the MyHouse status screen, but all I see is the blue video monitoring window.  I can operate my other modules (lights on and off) with no problems.  My home computer is Windows XP, SP2 on a wireless linksys network.  My remote computer is also Windows XP, SP2 with a wireless network card.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: MyHouse Online and Video
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 01:55:44 PM »

This is a common problem when hook to the internet throught a router, you'll have to configure your settings in the router! ;)
The settings you need to look at will be in the Advanced or Security Section of the router setup screen. I had to set  Multicast Pass Through:, IPSec Pass Through: and PPTP Pass Through: to enabled there may be other settings or different ones you need to set depending on the router! you may also have to set port forwarding! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

debbiea

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:06:13 AM »

Thanks for your suggestioins, I am now able to see the video on Myhouse online.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 11:12:29 AM »

Thanks for letting us know your problem has been solved! ;) :D ;D
So many come to the forums ask a question and never reply to the answers.
One is left to only guess if anything suggested actualy worked! ::) ;) :D
;)**Cheers** ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jenn D

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »

I know this is an old topic, but it seemed to be the proper forum for my question.  I have a similar problem as I also cannot see the video online right now... However... I was able to view it earlier.  Is this normal with this system? Is this still a router problem, just maybe intermintent?   I also have a problem with IE crashing at log-in... I've had this happen on 4 different machines so it appears to be somehow related to the log-in command (?)  I am new and have about a zillion issues, but I will address each of them in due time in the appropriate forum, hopefully my initial impression of this system will not be a lasting one.  For now I will be grateful if someone could tell me why sometimes IE crashes, sometimes I have no problem and it logs right in and everything works, sometimes it gets hung up waiting, sometimes I can log in but can't get video, (all in a matter of 2 hours) and if there is another way to log in that I am missing.

Ok, of course, after I posted this, I found this 

It's the MyHouse server that's the problem, and that's been a sore spot since the plug-in was introduced.  Search the Forums for MyHouse server problems. You are not alone.

I assume that because the post is only about a month old, the issue with the MyHouse servers has yet to be resolved...  My impression is not getting any better.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 03:42:19 PM by Jenn D »

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 07:58:02 AM »

Hi Jenn D and welcome to the forums.
Yes there are still issues with My House Online.  My experience has been that the connections are OK early morning to late afternoon during the week.  Once it is evening or weekend pretty much forget it.  As you learn more about this system you will find it to be a good system for the price.
I have stopped using My House Online due to the unreliability and switched to "logmein" which there is a free version, you can go to logmein.com to read more about it.  Others on this forum use "go to my PC" both are reliable connections to your computer from anywhere there is an Internet connection.
All of us look forward to when X-10 expands their servers for My House Online and it becomes a more reliable plug-in.  There are a lot of good people on this forum here to help you resolve your X-10 issues, so post your problems as they arise and let us help you solve them.

Good Luck

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 09:00:38 AM »

...I have... ...switched to "logmein" which there is a free version, you can go to logmein.com to read more about it....
I am also very pleased with the free version of logmein.  <--- Click link
My pictures and video looses a bit of resolution when viewed remotely but I think that is just a setting I haven't found yet. Even the free version of the software is packed with features and options.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »

...and if you do a Google on LogMeIn coupon, you can find a code that will let you get their "Ignition" for $19.95/yr.  I have it installed on a thumbdrive and can use it from anywhere - some companies "block" remote-control sites - Ignition gets around it.

;D
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Jenn D

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »

Thanx for all the responses!  I will give the logmein a shot. I hope that I will come to actually like the system once I get used to it.  I'm still having issues with the macros, so off I go to find a macro section to find some help...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.