Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remote Control  (Read 9574 times)

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Re: Remote Control
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 01:20:16 PM »

The Kameleon is a JP1 remote.
glt posted "Worst I have heard about it is that it eats batteries - and some love it - some hate it. "
Yes, batteries can be a problem depending on it's set-up and usage.
When first setting up the Kameleon; I left the brightness on full, the vibration on and set the light to stay on for 20 seconds.
Definitely battery eaters. Heck, just about ANYTHING activates the vibration and turns it on and the light is much too bright. The 20 seconds was to ensure that I had adequate time to do the programming on an unfamiliar device.
However now that it's programmed, I have adjusted the brightness down to a comfortable level, turned vibration off as it's not needed (unless it's pitch black and you want to find the remote by stumbling into something to set off it's light).JP1 is certainly "The Thing". But as of yet I haven't had a real need for it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:16:34 PM by Duck69 »
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »

The CM15A in unique in its ability to SEND RF. Add IR to that and X10 has MORE of my money.

Agreed!

I tried, and failed, to interest X10 in adding that function.  IMHO, it would have been easy to add, by just using the CM15A RF transmitter to send the right signals to a PowerMid receiver (just like they already did with the CM14A).  The PowerMid receiver will take the RF signals, and send out the IR light into the room.

I still think that it would make a very good plug-in for AHP. 
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

glt

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 02:07:55 PM »

My JP1 cable is PARALLEL !

USB cables exist - but they ain't cheap:

http://www.diygadget.com/store/jp1/jp1-x-for-remote-controls/cat_1.html

GLT
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.