Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very Poor Audio from VK30A (VT30A Trans & VR30A Rec)  (Read 16617 times)

mkanty

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Very Poor Audio from VK30A (VT30A Trans & VR30A Rec)
« on: January 07, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »

I just purchased the VK30A (VT30A Trans & VR30A Rec) system for a stereo wireless application. Have hooked the RCA jacks into the tape out on my stereo and the transmitter - on the other end have rec. hooked to speakers. Have both units turned on and just 10 feet apart but getting really poor signal - poor quality sound with static, etc., ust sounds like a really poor radio playing. Have tried all 4 channels on bottom of unit and repositioning both sender & rec. with no results. Any ideas???

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Very Poor Audio from VK30A (VT30A Trans & VR30A Rec)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 08:38:23 PM »

I just purchased the VK30A (VT30A Trans & VR30A Rec) system for a stereo wireless application. Have hooked the RCA jacks into the tape out on my stereo and the transmitter - on the other end have rec. hooked to speakers. Have both units turned on and just 10 feet apart but getting really poor signal - poor quality sound with static, etc., ust sounds like a really poor radio playing. Have tried all 4 channels on bottom of unit and repositioning both sender & rec. with no results. Any ideas???

Yes... the VR30A has RCA outputs that actually emits a RF, and is intented to go to a TV, VCR or amplifier....but not directly to speakers.

You may want to look at the Power sounder transmitter / receiver;  http://www.x10.com/entertainment/vk59a_s_ps29.html
Home Automation is an always changing technology

mkanty

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Very Poor Audio from VK30A (VT30A Trans & VR30A Rec)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 11:57:47 AM »

Dah!  Thanks for your help. The lighbulb went off last night when I really started to think about it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.