Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cannot connect to myhouse online at work???  (Read 21897 times)

toddlock

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cannot connect to myhouse online at work???
« on: January 04, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »

I am not able to connect to myhouse online at work. When it tries to connect it says connecting then immediately disconnects, few seconds later it tries again with no success and continues that over and over. I have made sure I’m using the correct log in info, opened port 80 and 8001 on both firewalls. I was able to connect using a second computer at home.  Is their something else I can try to get this to work at work, the whole ides is to check up on my house at work location???

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Cannot connect to myhouse online at work???
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:29:53 AM »

II have made sure I’m using the correct log in info, opened port 80 and 8001 on both firewalls.

Both firewalls?  Can you please give a bit more details on where those firewalls are located?

I know that my company's own firewall, located on their own server and not on my office PC, has very strict restrictions.  Because I have that, I have no hope in using myhouse from work.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

gec5741

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 05:20:57 PM »

Yes most likely your company's firewall is proventing you from connecting at work.  have you tried to connect anywhere else that is remote like a freinds house or somethign that is not behind a large company firewall?  If it is your company then unless you have a good freind in the IT department that has access to your comapanies router then there isn't much hope of using it there im sorry to say. 

LAD

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »

I'm having the same problem on my laptop with xp. i went to the firewall and it is disabled. all i get when i try to log in to my house to view cameras is a little square in the top of the screen. Usually when i done this on my other pc's, there is a driver which pops up and is asked to download. can i download that driver from here anywhere ?

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:53:09 AM »

i went to the firewall and it is disabled.

Disabled on your laptop, or disabled on your company's servers (routers, etc)?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:58:17 AM »

all i get when i try to log in to my house to view cameras is a little square in the top of the screen.

Also, do you have your Internet Options set to allow ActiveX controls to be installed?

For IE, its:  Tools.... Internet Options... Security tab... Custom Level button...scroll down to ActiveX Controls and Plugins... make sure everything is enabled.

Be patient.  It can take a VERY long time to download the first time, and there is NO hourglass or progress bar to indicate it is indeed downloading.  While it is download (if it is downloading), all you get is that little square with a dot in it, at the top of the screen.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:34:56 AM by Walt2 »

LAD

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 02:05:39 PM »

I adjusted the active x controls like you said. The little square with the dot is exactly what i get. The explorer page says done at the bottom and the download bar has went away at the bottom of the screen. I've waited about 15 minutes for it to download so,,. I also have a home pc which is doing the same thing. service pck 1 with windows xp on them. I've also tried updating to service pack 2 and same results. It is like the pc isn't downloading the pluging for activex or whatever it is that downloads when you first goto the myhouse page..

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 03:00:49 PM »

The explorer page says done at the bottom and the download bar has went away at the bottom of the screen.

For me, it still took an hour after the page says "done".  Though, I have a dial-up.

LAD

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 03:55:36 PM »

That fixed my problem. I've got the great 56k connection and it took about 30 minutes for it to come up but, it did work. Thanx for all your help..

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.