Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP File opens up as a blank config  (Read 5457 times)

DowNet

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP File opens up as a blank config
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »

After setting up and saving my AHP config file to a location on my hard-drive; when I open up AHP from that file, the application will open but everything I set up is not in there. I have to go into "file-open" then select that file again to get my modules and such to populate.

I hope I'm being clear on this.  Anyone else experiencing this and if so is there a fix?

Basically in order for me to see my AHP file populate in the AHP window, I need to open up the file i saved from within the application itself.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: AHP File opens up as a blank config
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:03:44 PM »

I have seen this too. FWIW  It seems you can open AHP with an *.ahx file if it's in the AHP's root directory. If you try to open one from another directory then AHP starts up with the last *.ahx file that was loaded.

My suggestion, try moving your main *.ahx file to the root directory.

DowNet

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »

I have seen this too. FWIW  It seems you can open AHP with an *.ahx file if it's in the AHP's root directory. If you try to open one from another directory then AHP starts up with the last *.ahx file that was loaded.

My suggestion, try moving your main *.ahx file to the root directory.

Thanks for the suggestion but no dice.  :(   I tried that and it didn't work.  What did work as a workaround is that I merged the "blank program shell" that it opens with; with my existing .ahx config file.  That seemed to cure it for now, but now I have to have 2 .ahx files to have the thing work right.  I hope they fix this crazy issue. 

This software is the most buggy software that is on my PC.

Any other X10 PC softwares that are better than this that work with the CM15A?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 07:41:58 PM »

What location on your system?

AHP is very particular where the varous files are located.  It wants ALL the .ahx files in the C:/Program Files\Active Home Pro folder it creates.  There's another folder it creates in C:\My Images that has 3 sub-folders in it. It makes no difference if you don't have any X10 cameras, it creates it anyway. If you delete it, AHP promptly re-creates it.  In the C:/Program Files\Active Home Pro folder are the 2 sample files (MyHome.ahx and Sample.ahx) as well as any .ahx files you create.   Put your .ahx files anywhere else, it goes nuts.

Advice: Go with the flow. Other programs don't care where the user files are, you tell it where they are, it remembers. Not AHP.

Sorry.  :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

DowNet

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:48:22 PM »

well my workaround seems to be working.  I have my file on a seperate drive and it's working after i performed a "merge."  I'll keep it like this for now.  They have to rework this software.  It's been months since an update.

It's not that good but I'm forced to deal with it cause I can't find any other software to support the CM15A.  Interesting.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »

If you have 3.204, that's the latest version available (there is a 3.206, but that only comes with the On Alert plug-n).  The date is 7/03/06. It seems to be best release yet.

DowNet

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 08:25:14 PM »

Yeah, that's what I got.  Still buggy.  What about programs like HomeSeer?  Are they any good?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 11:12:42 PM »

I have zero problems with 3.204.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.