Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: macro does not work  (Read 6711 times)

homesite

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
macro does not work
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:25:36 PM »

I have 5  ws13a's that I want to go on with a macro and the macro will not make them go on. I have all the addresses for each switch correct . I can use the software to switch the switches on and off, but when I test the macro, nothing.  Help!!  ??? :(

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
Re: macro does not work
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »

I have used the other kinda of wall switch and had to trick Active home and call it a appliance module. Something to do with the soft start that the macro's and timers don't like. Try that and see if it works?
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

homesite

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »

I got it to work, but now it does not shut off by the timer.

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:18:37 PM »

How did you get it to work?
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

homesite

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »

I took your advise ;D, but now it does not shut off by itself

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 05:02:05 PM »

well half way there  :)%

Try making it another type of mondule in AHP. Like a lamp module or something. I don't know what else could be. What does your macro look like?

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

paul warshawsky

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:36:31 PM »

I sometimes have trouble with my macros not working unless I put a small (1-2 sec) delay at the beginning of them.  One other thing to look at is does the Activity Monitor indicate that it is sending the codes (i.e. the macro is running but the signal is not getting to the modules.  Personally I would try and avoid telling AHP that the switches are another type of module.  One of the issues with these switches is that the dfault for AHP is to send a 100% bright command instead of an ON command.  (The advantage to this is if the module is on, but very dim it will go to 100% bright - if you send an "ON" command to a module that is dim nothing will happen because it is already on!)  You can change this behaviour with an option in Preferences>Macro - many people have reported that this has helped them, but in truth I have never noted a difference.  How is you macro being triggered? I triggered by by a time, a remote or a motion detector?  For trouble shooting purposes, try triggering it with a remote.

Good luck,

Paul

PAULF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »

I think there is a bug in the last release.  Please read the post about the MS16A failure...sounds related to me.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.