Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The DS7000 & You !  (Read 23775 times)

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
The DS7000 & You !
« on: August 28, 2006, 12:54:03 PM »

The DS7000/PS561 is a capable piece of equipment even though it lacks some useful features such as being able to reset just one sensor instead of having to reset all of them, the ability to speak through the system when it calls you, the ability to control switches, lights and appliance modules set to the same house code from a touch tone phone. Adding these features would of course raise the price point. However there is no reason why X10 couldn’t have two different models. Such as the DS7000/PS561 as it is and for example a DS7500/PS572 with the included features and at the higher price point. Which I and I beleive many others would be willing to pay for the added features.
 With that said. The DS7000/PS561 console is able to act as a security and automation device receiving signals from door/window sensors and motion detectors to sound an alarm and call up to four pre-programmed phone numbers. It can also control lighting and appliance modules set to it’s house code. For 50 bucks it’s a darn good buy !
 As an added note: I encourage everyone to search and read the Forum before installing anything. Advice on the Forum will enabe you to avoid pitfalls and have a trouble free installation. There you will learn exactly what you will/may need to have in your system.
Such as Filters ? Coupler ? Coupler/Repeater ? etc. etc. etc. How to properly install your equipment. And if you have a problem, how to troubleshoor and fix it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:26:25 PM by Otis69 »
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: The DS7000 & You !
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 09:26:45 PM »

Ah if only it were that simple. I had to return my ds7000 console and motion detectors at least 6 times total before I got a functioning unit and yes it does work, it actually works quite well and foiled two break in attempts but just look at the aggravation and expense I had to go through to hobble this system together. I'm currently working on a DSC hybrid system my x10 system has served me well but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth about all the aggravation involved in getting there.

Tcj
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 07:56:13 PM by tom j »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.