Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TIME RANGE not working!  (Read 10686 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
TIME RANGE not working!
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »

I wrote about this in 2005 and never got any reply so trying again now....

Simple macro to say if C10=ON AND time is between 7pm & 6am runs ALL times with 3.236 fw.  I know cuz my routine sends email and so I have time stamp proof it runs all times, not just between 7pm & 6am. 

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE TIME RANGE WORK??  HELP!

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: TIME RANGE not working!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »

Don't know if this will help, but I run my times in 24 hour notation and have a time range condition (2200 to 0600) that works fine.  Use the 24 hour format (under Preferences)and try 1900 to 0600.  Of course, we need to see the macro (or a similar example) to make sure it's not something else.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 11:10:35 PM by JMac »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 11:06:25 PM »

...Simple macro to say if C10=ON AND time is between 7pm & 6am runs ALL times with 3.236 fw.  I know cuz my routine sends email and so I have time stamp proof it runs all times, not just between 7pm & 6am....
Part of it maybe the way AHP handles ranges when they cross the midnight hour. I have to think it through each time. AHP appears to treat between time time periods with respect to a 24 hour period from 00:00:01 and ending at 24:00:00. There never exists a between time that can be in the same day that is both after 7pm and  before 6am. Oddly the condition you you may need to test for is "after 7pm OR before 6am".

Sadly, I do not believe, AHP treats "between 7pm and 6am" as the same as "after 7pm OR before 6am".
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

mike

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:19:04 AM »

Thanks for ideas so far! 

Unfortunately the time range 'between 1700 & 0730' still runs now at 0850am so that does not work on this X10 system (2nd one tried on).  My unit has right time & 24 hour format now.  Macro is simply if C10 goes OFF & this condition then A15 ON and A15 OFF.  I have socket rocket as switch set to C10 to simulate the security door switch I translate to C10 commands from my V572 receiver-to-32bit-code-converter.  I know if you trigger macro from the pc macro it runs regardless of condition so that is not my problem.  Using a fake switch for C10 OFF should trigger the condition right? 

Next idea was try 2 times with OR instead of and AND in range....  Same simple macro as above, made condition 'before 7:30am' (0730) and second one with OR 'after 5:30pm' (1730).  My C10 sw activates and runs it now at 9:12am!  So still no go.

Now trying AND instead of OR on this same routine....  still runs at 9:15am....

Could this be related to downloading timers and macros into unit?  is the OLD one that does not work in the CM15 still running even tho I changed it in activehome Pro?  I am now trying changing macro to say 'run from pc' and downloading into CM15 again in case this is my issue....

mike

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:49:04 AM »

WHOW!  that's the problem!  even tho changed in activehome pro, unless redownloaded to CM15 it still runs the old way!  I changed to 'run from PC' and redownloaded, now the changes I try actually are used!  My mistake!

I will retry the conditions again now (running from PC):

1) 2 conditions 'after 5;30pm' AND 'before 7:30am' in 24 hour format DOES NOT RUN MACRO
2) 2 conditions 'after 5;30pm' AND 'before 7:30am' in 12 hour format DOES NOT RUN MACRO
3) 1 conditions 'between 7;00pm & 6:30am' in 12 hour format DOES RUN MACRO
4) 1 conditions 'between 5;30pm & 7:30am' in 12 hour format DOES RUN MACRO
5) 2 conditions 'after 5;30pm' OR 'before 7:30am' in 12 hour format DOES RUN MACRO
6) 2 conditions 'after 5;30pm' AND 'before 7:30am' in 12 hour format DOES RUN MACRO AGAIN NOW!

reset to 24hour format:

7) 2 conditions 'after 5;30pm' AND 'before 7:30am' in 24 hour format DOES RUN MACRO AGAIN NOW!

redownload timers/macros to CM15:

8) 2 conditions 'after 5;30pm' AND 'before 7:30am' in 24 hour format DOES RUN MACRO AGAIN NOW!
9) 2 conditions 'after 5;30pm' OR 'before 7:30am' in 24 hour format DOES RUN MACRO AGAIN NOW!

Interesting thing:  seems it MAY work right THE FIRST TIME THE MACRO runs after a change;  looking at activity monitor shortcut on a macro shows it does not run the macro but each time thereafter it does run (get A15 on then A15 off sent and my appliance module clicks).

Checking my hardware configuration page shows correct time (not 24hour format tho).

This give anyone any ideas?

mike

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:08:51 AM »

perhaps I should give up on CM15 and activehome pro understanding 2 discontinuous times?  I sure wish I could understand how you other folks make them work! 

If I give up, does anyone have any thoughts on using a continuous time like between 6:30 am & 5:30pm and then doing an ELSE - with no conditions - that runs the other times to do what I want?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »

Look at KDR's message (search with "security macro").  This is similar to what I use for a front door macro using time conditionals.  This "hybrid" uses information from the CM15A interface and the PC for conditionals.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:57:43 AM by JMac »

mike

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 08:39:04 AM »

any other ideas?  Anyone else have trouble making time conditions work properly?  What I am trying to do is macro basics 101 - nothing special.  Yes, my C10 trigger ultimately comes from a security device but that is irrelevant;  I simply have a socket rocket for a switch that I can turn on/off in activehome pro room and my simple macro is trigger when C10 is OFF then 2 time ranges to activate macro which is simply 3 items long - turn on appliance module A5, send email, turn off module A5. 

I thought for a while that am & pm were reversed in the latest fw 3.236 but that didn't pan out.

So CM15 and activehome pro here is useless at 2 locations without ability to do macro conditions based on time. 

Even if you have seen this kind of issue and got around it and think it is dumb how you got around it, please share ANYTHING with me!  Thanks in advance.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 09:32:52 AM »

any other ideas?  Anyone else have trouble making time conditions work properly? 

I have never found "between certain times" conditions to be all that reliable either. If I want something to only occur during a certain time period, I set a flag via a timer at the start-time, then clear it via a timer at the end-time. I then use that flag as my macro condition. This has been 100% reliable for me, and it only counts as one condition, not two.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.