Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: video sender - IR Control  (Read 60738 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: video sender - IR Control
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 05:50:51 PM »

I finally got my video sender/receiver working great...........With a little adjusting of the receiver ( it actually works best upside down  :o) I got rid of all the noise.  The picture is great. 

The IR extender works great, my upstairs DTV remote controls my downstairs HD-DVR perfectly.

I am not surprised. In fact my son just ordered the same "deal" for his DVR, on my recommendation.

Thanks for letting us know how it worked out.

Sound Guy: Sorry I can't offer any advice with the remote, as I don't have any experience with it. Maybe someone else will have helpful info.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

lpierce

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 12:21:58 AM »

I am unable to the  IR  remote to work and still having a little trouble with the sound  getting a fairly decent picture for the distance but  I need to figure out how to get the  IR repeater to work  I don't not understand the book it is extremely  vague what is the little curved   antenna that pops up  says its for the  IR  ??  if any has the IR remote figured I would love to talk to them ...i'm trying to use the the IR remote that came with my satellite dish is that wrong ?

Larry

The only issue I have to resolve is getting the IR-repeater with these working.   It doesn't work with my sat receiver, thus that's why I'm checking out this thread for ideas as to whether or not the IR feature is junk or it really works.

dseven

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:55:30 PM »

if any has the IR remote figured I would love to talk to them ...i'm trying to use the the IR remote that came with my satellite dish is that wrong ?

Larry

Your doing nothing wrong. However, that doesn't mean the satellite remote will work. It may just be the distance from sender to receiver. OR.. I have read "somewhere" that some satellite IR signals aren't as universal.... as the universal resenders (or is it the other way around). It also could be the emitter(s) location.

However...... here's a tip. the most comman problem (that I've read or heard of) is not having the little stick-on emitters stuck to the right place/area. Often the front of the (IR receiving) device is symmetrical in it's use of red or dark plastic, and the area that "looks" like it would be where the emitters would be placed isn't. Use a bright flashlight to see through the plastic, to make sure your emitters are properly located.

If your sure the emitters are properly located, try sticking them on a VCR or DVD player (at the same location). Then use the VCR/DVD remote contol from your video receivers location. If you can operate a DVD or VCR ether, that will tell you it's a distance problem
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:58:30 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cddyal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 12:49:08 PM »

???
Do you have to program the 5-in-1 Universal Remote in some way for the receiver unit to pick up its signal so that it can then send that signal back to the sending unit and through the IR Extender? The remote is already programmed to work on the A/V unit, but the wireless send/receive setup is not sending remote commands to the A/V. What do I have to do to make that work? Thanking you in advance... ;D
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.