Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radio Shack 49-1000  (Read 27853 times)

philip

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Radio Shack 49-1000
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »

I have radio shacks wireless security
system  49-1000 which is compatable with all
DS7000 components. i actually originally had
the DS7000 console but it stopped working
and i replaced it with the radio shack 49-
Recently the 49-1000 dialer locked up in
dialing mode and continuously cycled through
all 4#s. Off site remote control access to
arm/disarm the system was also locked up.

Other functions appear to operate normally.
i am reluctant to reconnect the console to a
telephone line as it is located at vacation
property where I am not easily able to
access to correct problems.
Is there an easily discoverable cause/
correction/solution or is this console best
replaced?
Thanks
Philip

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Radio Shack 49-1000
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:58:03 PM »

Some users have reported funny actions on theirs also. You may want talk to Radio Shack about the problem.
Side note the 49-1000 ; unless Radio Shack has changed things; is not compatible with either X10 Powerhorn Sirens.

rpatty

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:33:17 PM »

I also have the 49-1000 and after I read your post, I purposedly alarmed my system. After the system called my other phone to notify me of the alarm, the system seemed bent on cycling through all the phone numbers.  The local store was no help.
Will be hoping someone out there has an idea or explanantion, since it's extremely frustrating.

I do use the X10 powerhorn (PSH01) with my system.  I  set the powerhorn unit code to one digit higher than my console code. If console is set to K 6, then set powerhorn to K 7.  Although, the powerhorn seems to cycle on-off faster than when the X10 DS7000 console was controlling it.

v/r
BobP

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 03:47:19 PM »

rpatty; You got lucky ot RS has changed things. In my tests because it used two house/unit codes one higher than the first. Most Powerhorns see the second address and stop counting to see if it should trigger. Yours is probably on the edge.

rpatty

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:53:30 PM »

Follow up to my 1st post concerning my 49-1000 cycling through all the numbers, even if someone has answered when called.  Apparently, simply answering and listening to the message isn't enough---they must press a key on their phone.

I programmed my cell phone into all the call number positions, when the system dialed the first two times, I simply hung up after the message; however, the system continued to the 3rd number and dialed my cell phone again.  This time I pressed a key when the opportunity was available, and then hung up.  The system stopped it's dialing cycle, and I was able to call back in and operate the system remotely.   It's the only way I have found to stop the continuous cycling through the dialing sequence, although the users manual does not specifically state that the called party MUST press a key---apparently they must.

As Brian pointed out about my powerhorn, it is probably operating on the fringe.  Quite frankly, I was surprised it worked at all.  It was by accident that it was even activated. I mistakenly set my console security (light code) one position lower than I planned.  This resulted in my power horn being set to the next higher code.

Not sure if any of this helps or make sense, or is a real solution to the dialing cycle problem. Just more food for thought.

v/r
rpatty

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 06:42:12 PM »

Follow up to my 1st post concerning my 49-1000 cycling through all the numbers, even if someone has answered when called.  Apparently, simply answering and listening to the message isn't enough---they must press a key on their phone.

I programmed my cell phone into all the call number positions, when the system dialed the first two times, I simply hung up after the message; however, the system continued to the 3rd number and dialed my cell phone again.  This time I pressed a key when the opportunity was available, and then hung up.  The system stopped it's dialing cycle, and I was able to call back in and operate the system remotely.   It's the only way I have found to stop the continuous cycling through the dialing sequence, although the users manual does not specifically state that the called party MUST press a key---apparently they must.

As Brian pointed out about my powerhorn, it is probably operating on the fringe.  Quite frankly, I was surprised it worked at all.  It was by accident that it was even activated. I mistakenly set my console security (light code) one position lower than I planned.  This resulted in my power horn being set to the next higher code.

Not sure if any of this helps or make sense, or is a real solution to the dialing cycle problem. Just more food for thought.

v/r
rpatty

Hi that's actually the way it was designed to operate but for some reason it's not mentioned in the manual same as the ds7000 console there's also suppose to be a way to allow you to listen in, listening in however does not cut off the alarm just the dialing sequence there's another key you can press to actually turn off the siren and flashing lights sequence.  This is not even fully explained in the manual for the ds7000 guess they are trying to say a few pennies on paper say what gives x10  ???

Tcj

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 10:58:39 PM »

Interesting quirk on my 49-1000.

Everything is working fine. Had house code set to B and found that after I plugged the unit in I had a couple of lights on B9, B10 and B11 stopped working on RF. Hummm I say to myself, works OK with AHP. Unplug the unit and all is well again. Plug it back in and the problem came back. Lets see??? House code O has nothing on it so I changed the unit to house code O. All is well on house code B again. My next test is to put some stuff on house code O to see what happens.  Anyone else have similar problems?
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 11:58:56 PM »

Interesting quirk on my 49-1000.

Everything is working fine. Had house code set to B and found that after I plugged the unit in I had a couple of lights on B9, B10 and B11 stopped working on RF. Hummm I say to myself, works OK with AHP. Unplug the unit and all is well again. Plug it back in and the problem came back. Lets see??? House code O has nothing on it so I changed the unit to house code O. All is well on house code B again. My next test is to put some stuff on house code O to see what happens.  Anyone else have similar problems?

I had a problem with one of the AHP units it was interfering with all my RF signal to my ds7000 console homeautomation and security as soon as I unplugged it everything worked fine, wonder if you might just have a bad unit you did say it had been returned. I had to send back 3 consoles to x10 before I got one that worked so just maybe....

Tcj

paulnoel12

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »

on the ds7000 you have to push 0 on your phone to stop the alarm and then you can listen in with out doing anything else. The radio shack version should also have number or set of numbers to stop the siren from going off and the lights from flashing. But if for some reason you do not push the 0 on your phone for the ds7000 it will continue to dail through the programed number until someone does push the 0.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.