Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: NO SUPPORT  (Read 12591 times)

Poor Product

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
NO SUPPORT
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »

>:( I want to let everyone and anyone know how POOR the service and support is for this company. After a weeks time, the unit I bought and paid for is not working. After promised call backs, that DID NOT happen, noone at this poor excuse for a company cared. And yet they think that I am going to pay to ship back a defective product??? I would think not. I would advise anyone thinking about buying from this play to do RESEARCH and THINK REAL HARD!!! No service, No support, and people who don't care about a product that does not work.  ???

spelbound

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
Re: NO SUPPORT
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

>:( I want to let everyone and anyone know how POOR the service and support is for this company. After a weeks time, the unit I bought and paid for is not working. After promised call backs, that DID NOT happen, noone at this poor excuse for a company cared. And yet they think that I am going to pay to ship back a defective product??? I would think not. I would advise anyone thinking about buying from this play to do RESEARCH and THINK REAL HARD!!! No service, No support, and people who don't care about a product that does not work.  ???

I AGREE THIS PRODUCT IS 'CRAP'

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:59 AM »

Poor Product
You don't say which product you had problems with!
Nor do you give any details as to what the problem is.
Many users experience difficulties getting Cams and receivers to work straight out of the box!
Unlike X10 there are many here willing to spend the time and Help you sort out your problem to get your product up and running! ;) :D
Give Us some details the users here are very knowledgeable (many are more knowledgeable than X10 staff)
**We don't sell this stuff we live with it!** ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »

poorproduct:
There are external factors which will make X10 products not work, or at least not work reliably. Kind of like your car not steering while on ice. The car might not be bad, and you may not have a defective X10 product(s).

Having said that, X10 products are inexpensive ( read: cheap) when compared to similar products. Don't expect Mercedes performance from your Daewoo.

With no other information, we users (we are not X10 employees) can not help much. If you want help, provide us with more details.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »

As others have already said ... Provide some details and maybe we can help.

One thing to remember about X10 products (and other similar products) -- Each component works well in and of itself.  When you integrate these components into "systems", around your home where the environment is unique, some adjustments, additional equipment, testing, etc. will be necessary.  It's not PLUG and PLAY.  But with some effort and patience, you can achieve your goal.  Again, provide us some details.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 08:55:25 PM »

We don't sell this stuff we live with it!

I LIKE that Tuicemen!

Hope you dont mind.....I added (something similar) to my profile.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 07:27:09 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 12:58:49 AM »

[
I LIKE that Tuicemen!

Hope you dont mind.....I added it to my profile.
Thats A good Idea too many newbies think the users here work for X10! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

warbird

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »

NO SUPPORT
Right on!!!
For the last three weeks, AHP has not been working  for us.
I have talked to 7 techs who attempt to help with their R & R (remove and reinstall) routine.
Twice, my problems have been escalated to the level 2 techs, you know, the people that will not talk to you. Only e-mails that don't get answered.
For a real experience, ask for a supervisor. You should get JESSIE, you have heard him. He's the guy that keeps you awake on hold!!!
The techs tell you that the supervisor will get back to you in 24-48 hours---- but it never happens!!! and they got rid of you AGAIN.
I, too, am tired of their NO SUPPORT and empty promises.
We try to justify their incompetence by forming groups to do their job and of course we do not want to appear to have made a stupid decision by buying their junk because it is neat when and if it works.
BTW, I did finally get it working my self without any help from this company, but then I have been working on this stuff since 1977.
And to thinkthat we are attempting to run a business and use their stuff. We are no longer considering their alarm systems, not  even for our doghouse, but that is another fiasco.

TXNEWBIE

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »

I would have to agree. The support is poor. All I get is a lot of static on a voicemail message. Can't even tell what they are saying. I bougth a system and let it sit unused for a long time, then decided to use it. Cannot get the camera to turn on after reading all of the instructions. Cannot get in touch with anyone as well. I would have to advise against it as well for support purposes.

Mavrik

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 01:14:29 PM »

(we are not X10 employees)
Thats A good Idea too many newbies think the users here work for X10!

But you two (as well as others) do work for X10. Think about this people...

Do you really think X10 would let 'John Doe' from off the street run their forum (Community Organizer's)? Of course not.
'Hero Member's' would spend so much time (years and lots of posts) here if they weren't paid? Would you?

The reason they claim non-employee status is they can easily claim they don't know or not be held responsible, the X10 way.

Personally, I tired of the poor/no support, reading thought 'endless' posts to get products to work is ridiculous. Why not do something more productive like generate instruction manuals instead of requiring forum post hunting!

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »

It's really sad  :(  that you feel that we work for X10 and get paid.

The facts are these:

1) We work for YOU and the other members by sharing what we have learned.

2) We get paid by a sense of satisfaction that we were able to help someone.

3) CO's and Hero Members have spent $$$ out of their own pockets in order to help others.

4) Be glad there are so many Good, Decent and Caring people that VOLUNTEER their time here to help YOU and others.

5) Poor/no support is exactly why so many spend time here helping each other.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 03:43:52 PM »

Nicely said Duck69  :)

Thank you for pointing out these facts to Mavrik and as well as others who may doubt we are just volunteers.

Mavrik: If you are having problems and cannot find the answer you are looking for, please ask. We all have or had some level of problems getting things to work the way we want. Along the way we learned and are here to share that knowledge and help you.

Some problems can be very frustrating, but hi-jacking threads with negative posts does not help anyone. No body has any issue with someone venting... in fact Duck69 started a RANT thread in General Discussion for just that purpose. But if you are here seeking help, just ask.  ;) :)

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 07:59:24 PM »

For those poor soles that elect to hi-jack threads and bash the volunteers on this forum , x10 support, X10 products because their stuff doesn't work... I have a solution.  If you truely want it to work, let us know what you have and what you are trying to do and someone will likely provide you with a solution.  Your cost of X10 equipment: $$$$$, Your level of frustration: HIGH,  Free help from Forum Volunteers: PRICELESS!!!!!     Have a good day.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 08:00:46 PM »

Thank-you Duck69

Not only do I get paid by a sense of satisfaction that I was able to help someone else. I also get a feeling that I am re-paying the regulars at the forum that have helped me so much. I am privledged to be a member of the same forum as the regular members here.

Do you really think X10 would let 'John Doe' from off the street run their forum (Community Organizer's)? Of course not.
'Hero Member's' would spend so much time (years and lots of posts) here if they weren't paid? Would you?

It is hard to believe they turned the forum over to us users isn't. But if that wasn't true.... how come your posts are still here?

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Mavrik

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 01:14:30 PM »

The people that are NOT intellectually challenged will see the truth to my statement.

I have posted problems in appropriate sections with no resolution. In fact, none of the problems I have posted have been resolved by X10 staff. Potential victims have the right to know.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.