Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unable to Save New Macros  (Read 11757 times)

lightiv

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unable to Save New Macros
« on: January 28, 2007, 06:38:33 PM »

All of the sudden I can not save new macros.  When I close and open AHP the macros are gone even though I saved them before exiting.

I just recently add the DX7000 and related window sensors/remote/2 x Security Keypas.

Everything was fine before security was added.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Unable to Save New Macros
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 06:48:43 PM »

All of the sudden I can not save new macros.  When I close and open AHP the macros are gone even though I saved them before exiting.

I just recently add the DX7000 and related window sensors/remote/2 x Security Keypas.

Everything was fine before security was added.
It sounds like your AHX file has been corrupted with the security (OnAlert) plug-in install!
Did you install from the internet or save the file to your hard drive first?
If you don't have a back up copy of your AHX file you'll need to rebuild from scratch!
try this test first go to file then new create a new room and add a few of your modules then save. If when you reopen AHP they are still there that is the problem!
If you still experience the same problem you may have a harddrive issue, Scandisk and Defrag should be done regularly! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lightiv

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 07:21:10 PM »

Hi Tuicemen,

I have my files saved to the hard drive and installed from there.  The OnAlet plug-in was emailed to me from x10.

I did your test and move the some of my modules to the newly create room and did a save/close AHP/reopen and the module were still in the new room.

Now that I have OnAlert installed I can use my backup ahx file to get back to pre-security install and rebuild from that point with no more problems?

thanks.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

Good to hear you have it working now! ;) :D
***Cheers***
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lightiv

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »

Thanks Tuicemen,

Hopefully everything is ok.  I decided to start with a new ahx file and build it from scratch.

I will let you know how it goes.

Paul

lightiv

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 12:26:31 AM »

Ok, just about everything seems to be working again but I have two lights that refuse to respond to commands.  These two lights use to work just fine for the last 1 to 2 years.  Tonight I replaced the x10 Wall Switches that control them but it had no effect.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 09:36:40 AM »

Have you added any new appliances(TV,stereo) in the vicinity?
Have you moved the location of the CM15A?
I'm thinking you have introduced something into the mix that is either sending out noise onto the powerline or something is sucking up the signals that use to get to the switches?
Of coarse if you have moved the CM15A then you may have a phase issue that wasn't noticeable before! ;) :D ;D
Think hard as to what is different, now compare it to what you had when the switches worked.If it is just an electrial device unplug it(not just power off) and test to see if switches now work! ;) :D ;D
Have you maped your electrial circuits? see: Pucks Topic: How-To: Map Your Electrical Circuits  (Read 1120 times)
Also see my post Topic: Having X10 AHP Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 12666 times)   for some more helpful links ,many will help you understand what maybe going on and how to fix it! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lightiv

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 11:05:41 PM »

I will definately check out those topics.

It seems that if I do a lot of updates to the CM15a it goes bad.  If I unplug it and take out the batteries I get function back.  Odd to say the least.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 11:15:11 PM »

It seems that if I do a lot of updates to the CM15a it goes bad.  If I unplug it and take out the batteries I get function back.  Odd to say the least.

Might help... might not, but I always use "Tools... Clear Interface Memory" before downloading a new setup to make sure that the old setup is completely erased.  So far (knock on wood) I have never had the interface lockup problem as long as I follow that routine.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 11:38:25 PM »

Good point(tip) Bill!  ;)
Also if you plan on adding a lot of macros update the interface regularly or at least save reglarly as to much configuring at once will cause an error and AHP will close losing your work!  :( ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lightiv

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »

Wow, I just can't believe all the oddities.  Now when I am working with macros I do not get the security option under the conditions drop down (top right side of macro window).

I just noticed that my downstairs motion sensor is seeing when my upstairs light is turned off.  This is causing the macro for downstairs to activate.  That should not happen right?

Boy I wish I was a much better VB programmer!

I'll do my best not to start griping about x10 since I love the technology.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 10:23:26 PM »

I just noticed that my downstairs motion sensor is seeing when my upstairs light is turned off.  This is causing the macro for downstairs to activate.  That should not happen right?

This is probably because most of the X10 motion sensors use up two unit codes.  If you set one to A1, it sends A1 as "motion detected" and A2 as "it's dark now / it's light now" for dusk / dawn sensing.  So you have to make sure to skip a unit code when assigning motion detectors.  If you assign the first one to A1, assign the second one to A3.

Hope that clarifies things.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 11:22:43 PM »

That also means that lamp and applicance modules and any other module not involved with a motion sensor to a different housecode not used by the sensors.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

lightiv

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 09:32:03 PM »

What do you have to say about a light that will respond to the OFF command but not the ON command?

lightiv

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 09:05:22 PM »

Have you added any new appliances(TV,stereo) in the vicinity?
Have you moved the location of the CM15A?
I'm thinking you have introduced something into the mix that is either sending out noise onto the powerline or something is sucking up the signals that use to get to the switches?
Of coarse if you have moved the CM15A then you may have a phase issue that wasn't noticeable before! ;) :D ;D
Think hard as to what is different, now compare it to what you had when the switches worked.If it is just an electrial device unplug it(not just power off) and test to see if switches now work! ;) :D ;D
Have you maped your electrial circuits? see: Pucks Topic: How-To: Map Your Electrical Circuits  (Read 1120 times)
Also see my post Topic: Having X10 AHP Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 12666 times)   for some more helpful links ,many will help you understand what maybe going on and how to fix it! ;)

Tuicemen you were right.  I was sitting here at the computer thinking evil thoughts about the upstairs light not responding to AHP when my eyes wondered to the powerstrip by my foot.  I remembered your post and thought hey that powerstrip is new so I turned it off and tried the light again and guess what...it started working again.  Even the front porch is working again.  I will try a different powerstrip to see if that will work because I need one in this area.

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.