Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unable to Save New Macros  (Read 11723 times)

lightiv

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Unable to Save New Macros
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 09:58:47 PM »

Well with a little more investigation it actually turns out that it is this computer (a Toshiba Laptop) that is the problem.  If it is plugged in to this outlet and or power strip it kills that light.  I placed it in another outlet everything seem to be ok now.

Paul

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 11:18:55 PM »

Well with a little more investigation it actually turns out that it is this computer (a Toshiba Laptop) that is the problem.  If it is plugged in to this outlet and or power strip it kills that light.  I placed it in another outlet everything seem to be ok now.

Paul

My wife's Compaq laptop did the same thing.  Whenever she plugged it in, it killed the X10 signals to two outlets!  Took me about a month of observation to figure that one out!   >:(   ::)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 11:45:47 PM »

My wife's Dell laptop did the same thing, when she plugged in it, the power brick blocked X10 signals (which the power brick for her old Viao laptop didn't) so another XPPF plug-in filter was bought for it. No more noise problems.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

lightiv

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 09:15:14 PM »

Well, I just do not know what to say.  It seems like once I figure one thing out another problem presents.  Now that I figured out this laptop issue and moved it away from the CM15a the offending light now only wants to work if a certain other light is on.  If that other light is turned off the offending light does not work.

The only connection between the two lights is that I am using 3-Way switches and the addressable part of the switches are right beside each other.  Its a bank of tree light switches.

??? ??? ???

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 10:08:47 PM »

Try creating a Lamp Module in another room and see if AHP can see it, turn it on and off, then create a timer for it. If the timer turns the lamp on and off at the specifed times, the problem lies in the orginal location. I suspect it's the 3-way swithes are causing it.

lightiv

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 10:49:08 PM »

Hi Dan,

all other timers, macros and direct turn on and turn off from AHP work just fine.

When this problem started occurring I replaced the part of the 3-Way that is the addressable part with a new one.  I also replaced the front porch switch which is a 2-Way.

Paul

lightiv

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 11:52:40 PM »

Tomorrow I will switch the main part of the 3-Way with the smaller end and see if that makes a difference.  At least with what I did tonight the front porch is acting independently again.

What a struggle!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »

I would presume the 3 way switches are not X10.  Sounds like there's something wrong on them. If you can't figure it out, you may need an ELK signal meter to see where the X10 signals are going.

lightiv

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007, 11:43:38 AM »

Hi Dan,

The are x10 switches.  I changed them last night but I started re-installing the laptop that AHP is on so I will be testing in the next half hour or so.

What is the story with the ELK signal meter?  Do you have a link?

Thanks,

Paul

lightiv

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 01:34:14 PM »

Ok, switching the two ends of the 3-Way (moving the addressable part upstairs and bring the dummy end downstairs) has fixed the problem.

Now I can not get the stupid onAlert to show the Security option ('arm home' or 'arm away') when creating macros.  I worked when I first installed on the old laptop but now it will not function no matter what computer I install it on.  :P  :P  :P

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 08:04:46 PM »

Hi Dan,

The are x10 switches.  I changed them last night but I started re-installing the laptop that AHP is on so I will be testing in the next half hour or so.

What is the story with the ELK signal meter?  Do you have a link?

Thanks,

Paul

Here it is:  http://www.elkproducts.com/products/esm1.htm

It is very useful for finding signal problems.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.