Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: self arming ps561  (Read 3103 times)

tinroof

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
self arming ps561
« on: January 30, 2007, 12:50:26 PM »

I've had the system 25 months.  Recently it started arming itself about once a day.  It will also go off (alarm mode) every couple of days when not armed.  Scares the cat.  I shut it off with the keychain remote, and no zone indicator lights are on, telling me the ps561 is going off by itself.  I have 2 door sensors, 2 motion detectors and 2 floodlight detectors in my shop.  I have changed batteries in all devices, and reset all units twice.  All telephones are land line or 5.8's.  Any ideas?
Thanks, Tinroof

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: self arming ps561
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 01:23:59 PM »

You could have a bad remote that's sending ARM or PANIC to the PS561.

Have you checked all their batteries too?

Maybe try just registering one remote at a time over a few days to see if one is causing the problem. When a remote sends a PANIC alarm, it doesn't show as a zone being tripped, but the alarm will go off.

tinroof

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:04:43 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
On the premises I have one keychain remote and two SH624 bedside remotes.  One of them quit talking to the 561; it would just show a red light when buttons pressed. (replaced batteries, tried to reset to no avail).  I acquired another 624 from someone I gave a system to.  After I received your reply, I removed the batteries from the defective 624.  Perhaps it was setting off the 561.  Two days ago I was in town when the 561 called the cellphone saying the alarm was going off.  Since I had the keychain remote with me, I'm narrowed down to the 624 bedside remotes (one of which the batteries are now removed),  assuming the 561 is ok.  Is the 561 a good piece of gear?
Thanks again..

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »

Is the 561 a good piece of gear?

I've been running mine 24/7 for 14 months now without any failures or anomalies. So in my opinion yes it's good;)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.