Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Chime Choices???  (Read 16082 times)

320vu50

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Chime Choices???
« on: February 03, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »

How about some choices in what tones the PHH02 Chime has to offer. Right now every device that sends a signal to a chime sounds the same; whereas a different tone choice for different llocation or use would make this device more useful (thus sell more).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Chime Choices???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »

Right now it chimes when an ON signal to the House Code and Unit Code it is set to. To get more tones would need a unit that can be addressed with multiple addresses.
It would have to be a redesign to do more than one tone.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 11:18:09 AM »

320vu50
Another option:
If your running Active Home Pro, get some wire less speakers and trigger a different sound file to play for each device you wished!
The speakers could be placed any where. Canadian Tire has some 900 MHz ones on sale (I'm sure cheeper ones can be found in the US) this week (the 900MHz ones won't interfere with your wireless cams)
There are several freebie programs some of which don't even need AHP running in order to play sounds! ;)
You can find links to some of these programs in the Third Party Add-Ons & Software section ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 11:31:03 AM »

There is also a fast cheap solution in the Universal Module (UM506). Though the intended use is as a low-voltage switch (which means a doorbell could be used) it also has a chime. Its chime is a different sound than the PHH02. Plus it's just a handy module to have around.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 12:00:34 PM »

And... if you are running software such as AHP, you could use the SH10A power horn as a chime with different tones and you can program the number of chimes.

Sending it a dim command has one tone and sending a brighten command has a different one. For every 10% of dim/brighten it makes a ding (I.E. 10% = 1 ding, 50% = 5 dings, etc.)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.