Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: turning fountain pump on/off  (Read 9514 times)

ronroyle

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
turning fountain pump on/off
« on: September 15, 2007, 12:48:43 PM »

Have a fountain in the backyard...doesn't take much electricity...small pump, little fountain.  Anyway, I plugged in an appliance module and it turns it off at night ok but fails to turn it on in the morning.  Is there a 3-pin module that will work with something like this.  I'm going to get a 12V outdoor lighting system to light up some of the plants/trees in the backyard also that I'd like to hook up to my ActiveHome Pro system so I'm assuming I'll need the same type of module for that also.

Any suggestions or has anybody experienced this same problem and found the right module or outlet?

Ron
 8)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: turning fountain pump on/off
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »

When you set up the timers, did you create both an on time and an off time?   Check the timers and make sure you created them properly. I have appliance modules that turn on a 4:30 PM every day and turn off at 6;30 AM the next morning.

Appliance modules, either 2-pin or 3-pin work the same. The only reason for a 3-pin one is for outlets with the 3-pin sockets in them.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

NA7A

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 04:46:11 PM »

Can you install a photocell on it instead?

I have a large pump (15 amp) for my outside waterfall and I use a wireless on/off switch because it's too loud at night, can you believe I am saying that for a waterfall? Actually the other reason is we are getting frogs in it and the frogs keep us up at night. I had to take out the lights too because they attracted bugs and that attacted frogs. Crazy!!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:49:44 PM by NA7A »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 05:05:13 PM »

Sounds like your talking about a "reverse photocell switch". Instead of turning ON at night and OFF during the day.... you need it the "other-way-around".

You can do this using a macro and the CM15A (AHP). My favorite device (for this) would be the X10 floodlight. It can signal the interface with the regular ON=night, OFF=light. Then create a macro that is triggered to turn ON [the HEAVY DUTY module] when if receives the OFF, and triggered to turn OFF [the module] when it receives the ON.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 08:23:41 PM »

boy, I sure hate to disagree with Dave_X10_L (I regard him as one of the ten "Great Ones")  but using an x10 floodlight sensor to trigger a reverse macro is a bit like using BVC to activate the clapper.  I'd just use the timer setting in AHP that states "On At Night" or "On During Day".  AHP keeps a fairly accurate account of daylight and nighttime versus your location and the time of year.   Just a Thought.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 10:55:15 PM »

..... AHP keeps a fairly accurate account of daylight and nighttime versus your location and the time of year.   Just a Thought.

Your so right! But I dis-like those "timers" myself.... and the question was...

IMHO the floodlight has the most reliable (X10) photocell.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.