Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie Appliance Module... with tranciever?  (Read 2885 times)

Sham

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newbie Appliance Module... with tranciever?
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:23:27 PM »

Hey everyone,

Newbie question here, I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer, i apologize if the answer is here!

I have a new setup with a CM15a hooked up to the computer. And I'm thinking of adding a couple of 3 pin appliance modules [for a slow cooker, and a humidifier]

My question:
I see that I could get the vanilla 3 pin module [AM466]
But I'm wondering if I get the transceiver/appliance module if that would give me any added functionality [TM751].     

Does the transceiver allow me any additional functionality?  Does it effectively increase the range of my rf?  Pretty much, i have no idea what another tranceiver would do to my set up.

For the record (if it matters) i currently have approx. 6 light switches, 3 lamp modules, a power socket, 2 motion sensors, security dialer, 8 window/door sensors, and a passive phase coupler.

Any help is appreciated!
 ;D

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Newbie Appliance Module... with tranciever?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:58:04 PM »

Generally speaking, the TM751 and the CM15A don't play particularly well together.  The TM751 receives RF signals and translates (transceives) them to the power line, but it doesn't listen to the power line to make sure no one else is talking first.  This can cause problems unless you set up the CM15A to ignore the house-code the TM751 is set to.  Oh, the TM751 only tranceives the 16 unit codes of one house code (A-P).
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Sham

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:47:15 AM »

Thanks Bill, thats exactly the info I was looking for!  And it saves me a few $$!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 06:51:22 AM »

The TM751 also has NO Powerline Receiver. You can only turn it on or off with an RF signal from a remote on the house code wheel setting and hard wired Unit 1..

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.