Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need some help please!  (Read 7161 times)

possum_128

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need some help please!
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:24 AM »

Okay here is the deal. I live in a log cabin. Therefore my walls are thick. Now here is my problem. I have three of the basic cameras, wireless and one is set up with the pan, tilt. Once I installed the one on the pan, tilt I started having trouble. My other two cameras will fail to turn on when I go to switch them most of the time.

I have already done the checks of switching between the A and D channels and this does not help. One camera is about 30 feet from the cabin and the other two are about 20 feet. And yes I have a router. I have changed the location on the system throughout the cabin and get the same results. I do not have a regular phone line so that is not the problem. We use cell phones only.

Before I installed the pan, tilt I had no problems changing from one camera to the next. This has only started with the installation of the pan, tilt. Can someone help me Please?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Need some help please!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:15:44 AM »

A few questions first so We can better under stand your setup! ;)
Is the Ninja (pan n' tilt) power supply set in the camera group of 4? ??? Cams must be in goups of 4 to auto switch correctly! eg: 1-4, 5-8,9-12, 13-16 ;)
Are you using the power supplied at the top of the ninja to power your cam? ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

possum_128

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 11:20:52 AM »

Yes and yes on both questions. Well at least I think so. The power supply that came with the pan, tilt quit working one day after I got it. I went back to the power supply that came with the camera and at least the camera works with it. I just hooked up the power supply that came with the pan, tilt but I get no picture.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:33:41 AM by possum_128 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 11:32:01 AM »

Have you tried keeping the cam on it's original power supply? (same address as the ninja)
If so was the result the same?
Is it located in the same location as where the cam worked originaly? Or is it closer to the Video receiver?
Sorry more questions! ::)
You may have to use a work arround but we need to know what software your using to best advise. I may not know the software but others I'm sure will be able to help there! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

possum_128

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »

Just switched back to the power supply that came with the pan, tilt. Still no picture. Yes it is in the same location. No software being used.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »

Just switched back to the power supply that came with the pan, tilt. Still no picture. Yes it is in the same location. No software being used.
So your using the pan n'tilt remote or some other remote to switch cams?
Have you introduced anything that maybe creating a signal blockage between the receiver and cam? try moving the cam to some different locations to see if you get it working else where!
The antenna on the receiver and cam haven't been move have they? I realize the ninja rotates the cam which changes the antenna position on the cam! Does the ninja rotate and seem to function well? You may have to do an antenna mod for better reception but sounds like your getting nothing right now. There are post here for helping with mods. you'll have to do an advanced search to find them! ;) :D ;D
Sorry I seem to be asking more questions then supplying answers! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

possum_128

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 02:08:01 PM »

Using the remote for the pan, tilt to switch cameras. Although the other remote won't switch them either. Just ordered a replacement power supply for the pan, tilt. Will see if that takes care of the problem. Boy, I didn't pay as much for the pan, tilt as I did for the power supply. Thanks for the help. If this doesn't solve the problem I will repost.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:44:30 PM by possum_128 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 03:08:04 PM »

You should have just ordered a whole ninja wouldn't hurt to have spare parts! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.