Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 CM15A Not Recognized During Install Under Windows XP Home  (Read 4126 times)

EDenney

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 CM15A Not Recognized During Install Under Windows XP Home
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:39:55 PM »

I have plenty of experience with X10 Products and Active Home, but I recently tried to install Active Home and the CM15A on a different computer.  When I do so, XP recognizes that a new USB device has been connected, but does not recognize the device as it should, and it get installed as an unknown USB device .  Uninstalling, reinstalling, moving it to various USB ports, and trying multiple USB cables all yielded the same results.  Is there a driver somewhere for the CM15A?  I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the site, and I'm dead in the water with XP not recognizing the device for what it is and installing the driver.   ???

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: X10 CM15A not recognized during install under XP Home
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 11:00:56 PM »

Diver is located in"C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\Wireless Transceivers" ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »

The CM15A is probably in a funny state where it isn't responding appropriately to the windows USB device initialization. Unplug the CM15A from power and remove the batteries. Then connect the USB and plug it into power. It will probably be recognized immediately.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:25:04 PM »

Don't forget to replace the batteries before plugging it back in to the AC.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 07:45:13 PM »

You can put the batteries in after you plug it in, as far as I know. At least, I used to do it all the time. Maybe I was asking to be shocked or something.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:16:16 PM »

What I learned was if Windows won't recognize the CM15A, was to unplug it from the AC and remove the batteries. Shut the PC down. Replace the batteries in the CM15A and plug it back to the outlet. Reboot the PC, when Windows loads, you should hear a "beep" as it finds a new device. Check the Control Panel, under System, click the Hardware tab, then the Device Manager button.. Under USB Devices you will see Universal Serial Bus Controllers, you should see "X10 USB Active Home (ACPI-compliant)" - that's the CM15A.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.