Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Google remote, mouse remote, UR86A: Drivers  (Read 21148 times)

iV

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • Me, since i'm working with X10 products :)
Google remote, mouse remote, UR86A: Drivers
« on: March 01, 2007, 03:33:04 PM »

Hello all,

I've bought 2 google remotes and after 3 emails to support finally got some driver to make it work. And it did work, great  ::). The problem is that there is no way to configure the driver. In the owners manual, furnish by X10, on page 11 trough 13, there is all the explanations to how to configure the driver (software).

After 2 months and 13 sent emails, here is the last answer from support:

"I appreciate your patience during this matter. I have contacted the IT rep that introduced the Google Remote to X10 and made it available to the public. Apparently, this remote does have the configuration option. However, it is not available with the X10 software.

I apologize for any confusion. 

If you need further information, have any other questions I can answer for you, or comments you would like to make, please let us know.

Thank You,"

Duh !!!  ??? why do you do your publicity and your own manual with those options  >:(

My next task is to know who is the "IT rep who introduced the google remote to X10 and bla bla bla" and try to get the right software/driver.

Is there someone who can help me on that , please do

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: Google remote, mouse remote, UR86A: Drivers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »

I worked on this product while I was still at X10, and there wasn't anyone who introduced the the remote to X10 -- it was our product from the start. THe UR86A started life as the MouseRemote II and had a different set of software from the current GoogleRemote software. The only configuration in the GoogleRemote software is an XML file that was not really designed to be edited by users. It is XML, though, and shouldn't be too hard to figure out once you take a look at it. You don't say what configuration you want to do to the driver, but maybe if you tell me what you want to do I can remember how to do it. Since I don't work for X10 any more I'll have to do it by memory.

iV

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 09:12:21 AM »

Wow, X10 lie to me :o

Thank you for your answer. Please tell me the name of the File, I'll try to have some fun with it  ;)

iV

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 09:19:04 AM »

Just received an other answer from support:

Greetings!

That older software is not compatible with XP. If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. Thanks for choosing X10

Men, after all my explanations, if he didn't understand my problem....  ???

For the NEW remote, the software the you are talking about in your manual.

Scary, scary !!!  

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »

I wish I could remember the name of the file, but I can't. Try looking in the Program Files\Google Remote folder and see what's there. The folder might have a different name (X10 Google Remote or X10 Media Remote or something). The person who told you that the software doesn't work with XP probably thought you had the original MouseRemote.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.