Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [EE Gurus] RS 61-2688 Sounder/Actuator Module (aka UM-506) Audio Output Xistor  (Read 5992 times)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

I've actually had this question since 2006-08-09, 14:52:31 when I posted: Re: Happy *=* OLD *=*X10 User! ;) for dave w ;), and again on 2006-08-28, 11:57:24 when I posted:
Re: Happy X10 User, which, to-date, no one has replied to, and thus, it took until today to find the proper ROUND TUIT to post again. :-[

Referencing this PHOTO from 2006-08-09, 14:52:31:

and this TEXT from 2006-08-28, 11:57:24:
<---snip--->
(Insert SFX: groveling, humility, and light sobbing)

Finally, what are the two open cased units below and to right of your battery box. They look too big and code wheels are not right for newer app/lamp modules, the code wheels do not look right for X10 2-way modules. Are they modules from the old Regency Regulator system? If they are"Regulators", I bet they do not work...neither do mine.

You have stumped me, and are now sitting on top of my pedestal, having toppled Phil Kingery[/b] (this is only a temporary dethroning, Phil and I are friends, and he would be mortified to know he has been toppled. He will probably be re-instated by tomorrow)    :D

RadioShack SOUNDER-ACTUATOR MODULEs: (surprised? disappointed??)

The one in the back has Code-Wheel problems - doesn't respond on the HouseCode / UnitCode combo that's displayed. The WIPER on one of the wheels "fell off ::)

The one in the front has Audio Output problems - one night it started SCREECHING and I had to unplug it; after that, it was MUTE. If you can enlarge the picture and look VERY CLOSELY at the top right corner, you'll see an EXPLODED transistor - does anyone know a PART NUMBER for me?
<---snip--->

Looking at the circuit board again today, 03/05, "TRIAL" is printed on the PCB at that position. I can see TR for transistor; IAL? Intergrated Audio Loudspeaker? ??? ::) :P

What can I pick up at RadioShack (or what can someone here SEND me :-* ) for replacements (I need 2.)

Thanks in advance! ;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.