Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question: Using More than one housecode  (Read 5569 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Question: Using More than one housecode
« on: November 02, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »

I'm sure this is basic, and I've tried to read and understand as much as I can find, but I'm still generally confused.  What is needed to control lamp and appliance modules on more than one housecode?

I have all the basic components: CM15A on a dedicated server running 24/7; AHP; SmartMacros.  15 modules on housecode C.  I want to add 1/2 dozen more modules on another housecode, say, "B" 

Under "Hardware Interface Configuration"  within AHP, I set the Monitored housecode to C, and also under "Transceived House Codes" have checked the radio button "Specific" and then check the box for "B".  I save this and upload it to the CM15A.

Then I set a lamp module for "B1", set the remote (Keychain remote) for housecode "B" and...nothing.  If I set the Keychain remote back on housecode C, it works fine.

Obviously, I'm missing something very basic, but like the trees for the forest, can't see it. 

As always.. thank you!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 04:39:39 PM by Geewiz »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Question: Using More than one housecode
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 06:11:55 PM »

I'm sure this is basic, and I've tried to read and understand as much as I can find, but I'm still generally confused.  What is needed to control lamp and appliance modules on more than one housecode?

I have all the basic components: CM15A on a dedicated server running 24/7; AHP; SmartMacros.  15 modules on housecode C.  I want to add 1/2 dozen more modules on another housecode, say, "B" 

Under "Hardware Interface Configuration"  within AHP, I set the Monitored housecode to C, and also under "Transceived House Codes" have checked the radio button "Specific" and then check the box for "B".  I save this and upload it to the CM15A.

Then I set a lamp module for "B1", set the remote (Keychain remote) for housecode "B" and...nothing.  If I set the Keychain remote back on housecode C, it works fine.

Obviously, I'm missing something very basic, but like the trees for the forest, can't see it. 

As always.. thank you!

From your description it should work. You have a lamp module set to B1 and  Keychain Remote coded for B1 and the CM15A/AHP is tranceving house code B.... should be all you need. Is the B1 ON from the key chain remote clearly being received by the CM15A?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:11:40 PM »

..............  I save this and upload it to the CM15A.

Try doing a complete full clearing of the CM15A... then even remove the batteries and USB cable.. and leave it set for a few seconds. Then upload you new file under a new name too.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 10:32:42 PM »

Is the B1 lamp module a previously working Cx lamp module? Or is it one of your new ones in a new location?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 06:47:17 AM »

Are any of the Lamp Modules the new soft start ones? Soft start slowly start to brighten on an On and slowly dim down on a Off.

Geewiz

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:05:25 AM »

This is actually an appliance module.  If I set the module to C1, for instance, and program the keychain remote for C1, it works flawlessly.  When I set the module to B1, and program the remote for B1, nada.  Leaving the module set on B1, I tested one of my palmpad remotes, setting it's housecode to "B" and that worked.  It's very curiuous!  It seems like the keychain remote is defective? 

I'll have to try the CM15A total clear, battery removal and reboot later on today. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:56:32 AM »

It seems like the keychain remote is defective?

Yes.... it does.

I'll have to try the CM15A total clear, battery removal and reboot later on today. 

Seems more like it's your remote...

I would try programing the keychain remote like this (not the directions).

• I push the top left button... without letting up (I hold the top button). It will flash the normal RF signal for a sec... then be off for about 3 seconds... then it will blink out the "House Code" (1 Blink = A, 2=B.... and so on).
  • About 1 to 3 secs AFTER the button has blinked out it's code... I push in a new code. In a steady... not too fast or too slow (1 Push = A, 2=B.... and so on).
  • Next I repeat the above with the top RIGHT button to set the "Unit Code"

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jim Clark

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »

You could check the activity monitor in AHP to see what code the remote is actually putting out.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.