Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Beta Test Registration Code Not Working...  (Read 12292 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Beta Test Registration Code Not Working...
« on: March 20, 2007, 09:29:15 AM »

I'm hoping that MichaelC can weigh in on this one.
I was one of the Beta testers of the MyHouse plug-in. When I tried to reinstall it recently, the registration code I had used initially is no longer working. since I don't have a "true" order number (since I never bought it - I received it free as a beta tester), I can't re-install it now.
If I call X-10, will they be able to help me with that?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:40:56 AM »

Noam: Your beta tester number should still work! ::)
Mine does!
I have reinstalled with no problems just make sure you have the correct installation file!
How ever  try PMing mmallari and explain your problem in detail supply as much info as you can.
I'm sure he'll be able to get things moving quicker then a phone call to X10's support! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »

I did send the PM. Thanks for the advice.
I called as well, and they told me to send an e-mail to beta@x10.com, with my registration codes, so they can reset them, or give me new ones. I'm still waiting for a reply.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:33:08 PM »

I really doubt that anyone is actually receiving, let alone reading, mail sent to beta@x10.com. That was an address that I used to get (and I was the only one) and it was almost entirely spam.

The only reason I can think for a beta registration code to not work was if it was the plug-in where we changed the product ID from the beta to the actual release. That was only one of the plug-ins, but I don't remember which one. If you can't get your reg code to work, you'll need someone at X10 to create a new, free order for you, or have them add the MyHouse Online Plug-in SKU to an existing order -- either of those will create a new registration code for you to use. I'd guess that Mike Mallari is your best bet for this.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 05:18:01 PM »

MichaelC -
I called them, and they were able to fix my registration codes, so I was able to register the plugins using the original codes I used during the beta.
I also asked them to send me the individual installer files for each of the plugins, so I now have them. (The one I had for iWitness was part of the 3.185 update, so I'd have to downgrade to get it installed).
Thanks again for your help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.