Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X10 Disappoints... as usual  (Read 11032 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: X10 Disappoints... as usual
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 11:45:11 AM »

I haven't upgraded the CM15A to the "Smart Macros", but that looked like it would do pretty much what the CM14A could.  I wonder why that isn't included in the basic CM15A.  The CM14A RF link was excellent.  I had seen reports of poor range with the CM15A, but I understand there is an antenna mod that addresses that problem.

The "Smart Macros" on the CM15A are way more limited.  For example, one can only have up to two conditional checks (with just one "AND" or "OR" between the two) on the CM15A.  I don't think there was any limits on the number of conditional checks on the CM14A.  I also liked the "flow chart" way of drawing the macros the AH2 software had with the CM14A.

The CM15A doesn't have a way to "test" the dim level of a light.  I really miss that.

Yes, the RF link is MUCH better on the CM14A.  Matter of fact, I have completely given up on the RF/Transceiver functions in my CM15A, and went back to using the CM14A just as a multi-housecode transceiver.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: X10 Disappoints... as usual
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 04:51:52 PM »

I wish I could remember exactly why the CM14A project died. I think it was a victim of circumstances and timing. I know that different people did the firmware for the CM14A than the CM15A for sure, and that there was some question of cost. For those people who were not part of the CM14A beta test, not only did the CM14A have more extensive trigger logic than the CM15A, it also had conditional logic for internal branching of a macro. That's on top of the IR and other features that aren't part of the CM15A. It would have been cool to get a chance to implement those things in AHP.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.