Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VideoSender & IR Extender Problems w/ Tivo  (Read 15124 times)

zman7

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VideoSender & IR Extender Problems w/ Tivo
« on: March 25, 2007, 11:59:32 AM »

I emailed the following to Technical Support but received no response for about a week. I'm hoping someone here can help.

-----
I'm having some problems with the setup of the VK82A kit.

I am able to transmit video but there is a continuously repeating crackling sound on the display of the TV with the receiver.  I tried changing to each of the channels and moving the placement of the devices (they are 1 room apart - literally 20 feet maximum) but that did not help either.

Also, I programmed the universal remote for use with the cable box (cable button) and Tivo (satellite button).  The remote works fine in the room with the sender (for tivo and cable).  However, in the room with the receiver, the Tivo controls do not work (the cable controls work but when i press the Satellite button, the Tivo in the other room does not respond).

I've searched the knowledgebase and forums but could not find anything to resolve my problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.
---

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: VideoSender & IR Extender Problems w/ Tivo
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 12:54:55 PM »

Do you have a wireless computer network or a 2.4 Ghz. cordless phone? Both can interfere with the 2.4 Ghz video sender.
If so try turning them off as a test.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 03:37:58 PM »

the Tivo controls do not work (the cable controls work but when i press the Satellite button, the Tivo in the other room does not respond).

Make sure the little IR emitter is very close or directly over the Tivo IR receiver. Often the receiving device (Tivo in this case) will have more "red plastic" then needed just for looks. If you use a bright flashlight to shine through the plastic you should be able to see the IR receiver unit.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

zman7

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 10:35:55 PM »

i turned off the wireless router and unplugged the phone but it made no difference.

zman7

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 04:35:05 PM »

Tivo works fine in the same room but not from the other room (where the receiver is)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.