Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WS467 - if you push wall switch, AHP doesn't see it?  (Read 8605 times)

ccrider67

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WS467 - if you push wall switch, AHP doesn't see it?
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:22:18 AM »

Question:  if you go to the WS467 push button wall switch and push it on or off, shouldn't AHP "see" the new status and update the graphic of the module?  If I use the remote, AHP "sees" it and the macros update the graphic as well, but not the actual push button.  Is this to be expected or do I have a problem?  The lights actually go on or off, AHP doesn't show the new status.  The lights are on the monitored house code, which is transceived by a TM751.  The house code is NOT transceived by the CM15A.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: WS467 - if you push wall switch, AHP doesn't see it?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »

The WS467 is one way only. If AHP turns it on, it will show the status as "on",aslo the status if AHP turns it off is correctly shown.  If you turn it off manualy, AHP will not show the status (the light is off, but AHP shows it as on.  Lamp Modules are also one-way. If you turn it on by the local control (the lamp's switch) the module will turn on, but AHP won't show the status.

There are two-way Lamp modules, that do show status correctly. 

Devices like SS13 (Stick-a-Switch) that send RF signals to transicevers (TM751/RR501) that send two-way signals to AHP.  Lamps turned on that way are shown correctly.

AHP's status display is something we all learn to live with, as to what's actually on on not
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

ccrider67

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 12:06:29 PM »

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.  You never know with this flaky stufff what is "normal" and when you are (or it is) doing something wrong.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:18:23 PM »

Generally, as long as they respond to timers and macros, they are working.

BTW, X10 has never made a two-way wall switch.

I have WS467's in my X10 system that pre-date Windows, and they have been 100% dependable. X10 equipment is very good as long as you don't try to abuse it.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tlemons

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 11:04:01 PM »

"X10 has never made a two-way wall switch."

Who does make a two-way wall switch?  Does being a two-way switch mean that a neutral wire is required?

I bought a SmartHome switch, only to find that it requires a neutral wire, something not present at the switch in my house's wiring, so I can't use them.

Thanks
tl

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 06:54:09 AM »

No Two way means that the switch or module can transmit back on the powerline. Its status if a status Request to its address is received; or if it is locally changed.
I don't believe neutral is a requirement for Two way; but I have not seen any that don't need a Neutral.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 12:02:51 PM »

Smarthome makes several wall switch models that are 2-way, but I beleive they all need a neutral.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

teez67f

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 10:04:01 AM »

The only cheap way to have true status in AHP with WS467 is by using a cheap 110vac coil relay with a DS10a on it.
Relay and ds10a need to be near load controlled by switch and a macro triggered by state of ds10a would show true status of switch.

When I say cheap it's all relative to comparing cost of 2 way insteon/zwave or others :o.

DS10A - $5.00/ea.(4for1deal at $19.99) and relay and base  is $6-10 locally in your area.

Wire is around the house for sure if you got X-10 setups. ;D

I use those DS10A all over because they actually are reliable.Of course you need On Alert and AHP with good range.

Regards

teez67f

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.