Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X-10.com a game show  (Read 4879 times)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
X-10.com a game show
« on: May 22, 2006, 03:01:53 AM »

Is it just me or does the X-10 website seem to be a game show set up.  Everything is flashing and order now, yet no real information can achieved by visiting the website.  Besides the offers of order now and receive this much free crap, or add on this package and get this crap for free, if the products were of a quality product, they wouldn't have to offer me five palm pads for the price of one, fifty slimfire remotes and thirty stick-a-remotes and twenty lamp modules, for purchasing One socket rocket, Purchase one camera and get three for free, plus the mounts, and the software, or any other deals they seem to have going.  If this website was repetable, then they would actually have the specifications of each product available, and would offer items to correct known issues.  Instead of sending users to make their own modifications to an apparently flawed product, or to purchase items from another manufacturer which will correct issues.   

jeffdharlan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • My home doesn't take sick days
Re: X-10.com a game show
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 11:02:03 AM »

Is it just me or does the X-10 website seem to be a game show set up.  Everything is flashing and order now, yet no real information can achieved by visiting the website.  Besides the offers of order now and receive this much free crap, or add on this package and get this crap for free, if the products were of a quality product, they wouldn't have to offer me five palm pads for the price of one, fifty slimfire remotes and thirty stick-a-remotes and twenty lamp modules, for purchasing One socket rocket, Purchase one camera and get three for free, plus the mounts, and the software, or any other deals they seem to have going.  If this website was repetable, then they would actually have the specifications of each product available, and would offer items to correct known issues.  Instead of sending users to make their own modifications to an apparently flawed product, or to purchase items from another manufacturer which will correct issues.   

People who use X10 extensively in their home typically buy multiple items of the same model.  Let me know who has 1 lamp in their home or one "dark, unmonitored" location around the perimeter of their house?  Honestly, I bought a kit for security and as I am installing each item I have come to realize that I wish I had an extra this or a couple more of that to really automate what I wish.  Just because you can get a deal by buying in bulk doesn't mean that the product is total crap.  Jeez, I guess you don't have a SAM'S CLUB or COSTCO membership because they deal in bulk.  They must be just a warehouse full of crap items!  :D

BTW: I do get the info-mercial (not game show) feel when going to x10, but there are 50 dozen or so posts complaining about this, so I won't state the obvious!  ;)

[Act NOW!  But wait THERE'S MORE!  Chuck Norris & Christie Brinkley would be proud of the website!  ;D]
What has your home done for you today?

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: X-10.com a game show
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 12:27:23 AM »

This style of website died several years ago, just like the cm-15 should of. Yes I need several of the same item, but give me more specifics so I can make sure that I am purchasing the right items.  I sould not have to modify the newly purchased items, so the work properly.  I would pay more for items if they actually functioned as most people percieve them to.  My philosophy is that is an organization is using an outdated method to attract customers, then their products must not be the most current.  I am certain that they are not the most current since, us as users have had to modify them through their lifecycle to get them work as we would expect them to work, and X-10 as made few changes to the design.   

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.