Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [HELP]: Have X10 Equipment - Need Installation Guidance...  (Read 5441 times)

loans4homes

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
[HELP]: Have X10 Equipment - Need Installation Guidance...
« on: March 29, 2007, 06:15:42 PM »

as my husband is in Iraq we have this system but am unsure how best to begin with remotes , cameras (now mounted on outside of garage)
mostly don;'t know how to put the pieces in play
have 2 cameras xc18A , 2 xm13A , video reciever ve31A , super remote, 2 motion sensors (not yet mounted anywhere) and a Transceiver Module? TM751

help please have a bonus room (has tv and computer above garage as well as guest room with tv set up next to that room)

can the receiver VE31A be made to hook up to a computer if it has a video /tv graphics card such as ATI? or must it be the symphonic vcr?

could really use some help !
thanks in advance

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: [HELP]: Have X10 Equipment - Need Installation Guidance...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 12:28:54 AM »

as my husband is in Iraq 

Thank him (for me) for his service!

...we have this system but am unsure how best to begin with remotes , cameras (now mounted on outside of garage)
mostly don;'t know how to put the pieces in play.....

We will walk you through it! it's not as hard as it looks.

have 2 cameras xc18A , 2 xm13A , video reciever ve31A , super remote, 2 motion sensors (not yet mounted anywhere) and a Transceiver Module? TM751

Lets start this with some very short videos (click here) "Maverick sets up a Wireless Video Sender" is cute! I made the video "using X10".

Then check out the product manuals: http://www.x10community.com/product_manuals.html

This should arm you with enough product information to "test" one of the cameras, maybe just through a TV for now. The transceiver ...receives the signal from the remote... then puts a signal into your AC house wiring (powerline). X10 uses "house" and "unit" codes (all this is in the manuals). Be sure you know the cameras plugin transformers codes, so you can set the transceiver, and remote accordingly.

I will follow the thread..... let me know how the test goes.

help please have a bonus room (has tv and computer above garage as well as guest room with tv set up next to that room)

can the receiver VE31A be made to hook up to a computer if it has a video /tv graphics card such as ATI? or must it be the symphonic vcr?

It can hook to ether a TV, VCR, or a computer. Or even all three at the same time.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: [HELP]: Have X10 Equipment - Need Installation Guidance...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:20:59 AM »

As Dave Stated it really is quite simple just point the antenna from the receiver at the antenna of the cam and the cams antenna at the receiver!  Since you have two cams you'll need to find a happy medium (this will take some playing with the receivers antenna);)
A few things to keep in mind
    [li] Any large metal object located between the two will reduce or eliminate the signal! :(

[/li]
    [li]Range is maximum 100 feet (unobstructed) the more walls bettween the two the less range

[/li]
    [li] Set the motion sensor to the address of the xc18A and the other to the address of the xm13A

[/li]
    [li] Locate the sensors so they don't cover the same area

[/li]
    [li]Have the cam that is turned on by that sensor watching the area that sensor is watching

[/li]
    [li]Do one camera at a time and make sure it works the way you want[/li]
    [/list]
    [/b]
    Above all don't be afraid to experiment! ;) :D ;D
    Let us know of any problems many here are more than willing to help! ;) :D ;D
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
    © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.