Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS7000/PS561  (Read 6150 times)

warbird

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS7000/PS561
« on: March 31, 2007, 12:45:58 PM »

Hi,
Are there any modifications available for the DS7000/PS561 to silence or switch off the speaker, short of cutting the leads....
I do not want it announcing it's location to the bad guys if there is a break-in.
Also, is there any modification for the antennae to increase it's range?
Thanks,
Judd

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: DS7000/PS561
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 11:33:58 AM »

Hi,
Are there any modifications available for the DS7000/PS561 to silence or switch off the speaker, short of cutting the leads....
I do not want it announcing it's location to the bad guys if there is a break-in.

Short of opening the unit, there is no mod I know of for silencing the built in horns. You might want to try stuffing them with cotton to see if it mutes it enough to not be noticed when a power horn is activated in the house.

Also, is there any modification for the antennae to increase it's range?
Thanks,
Judd

From my personal experience, this is probably the best receiver / antenna made by X10. If you have just a few sensors that are not always getting through, you could have a metal object in its path (stove, fridge, hidden duct work in the walls, etc.). you could try repositioning the PS561. If most of your sensors are not being detected, then you could have a defective PS561.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.