Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Error When Trying to Install ActiveHome Pro  (Read 9637 times)

WA0GMH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Error When Trying to Install ActiveHome Pro
« on: March 29, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »

I just received my ActiveHome Pro starter kit and can't install the software.  I run the setupfile, get the welcome box, accept the installation directory and then get the error "Could not communicate to the network server.  Error 1".  I'm running XP Pro Service Pack 2 and have my virus software disabled.

Why is it even trying to connect to a network server?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: Error When Trying to Install ActiveHome Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »

Are you connected to the Internet when you run the installer? X10 uses a streaming installer and the installation program needs to be able to connect to software.x10.com to retrieve all the program files and installation information.

WA0GMH

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »

No I wasn't connected to the internet.  I guess I should have been suspicious with the small sizes of the setup files.  I downloaded the setup files using a networked computer and tried to install them on another that is not able to access the internet.  Is it possible to get the full installation files to use with computers or locations that do not have internet access.

Thanks

WA0GMH

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 11:15:47 AM »

Mike,

Thanks for the help with this.  I connected to the internet and was able to successfully install ActiveHome Pro and all of the plugins except the security plugin.  I got an error saying that there is a newer version available for download and see from other posts that this may take intervention by X10.  Now I have to do some experimenting and become proficient with macros.

Fred

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »

WA0GMH: Welcome to the forum. If you have the time, introduce yourself to the *CHEERS* gang in the thread that TakeTheActive started: GUESTS/LURKERS: Why Don't You Register (and Become NEWBIEs)?

Being new to ActiveHome Pro you will most likely have questions as you get going and expand. If you introduce yourself and tell us a little about your X10 experience and any technical background, it helps us respond more precisely. When we don't know anything about someone nor their setup, we sometimes have to ask a lot of extra questions... sometimes seemingly obvious ones.  ::)

If you haven't seen it yet, Tuicemen provided some contact info for OnAlert here: Re: Newer Version On Server

Cheers

WA0GMH

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 08:38:07 PM »

Hello Puck,

Thanks for the invitation.  I'll have to find the place you suggested for my introduction, this is probably not the place.  But for now, I still have a problem.  I called X10 and got a new link for the security software.  i downloaded it and ran the setup program.  Now I can't communicate with my CM15A box.  The software says it isn't connected and I get no reactioin when I plug in the USB cable.  I've tried to reset the CM18A by removing the batteries, unplugging it and then plugging it back in.  Still no luck.  Is there something that I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Fred

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.