Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP only works one way  (Read 2569 times)

pattlr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP only works one way
« on: April 07, 2007, 02:40:25 PM »

I installed and have been using Active Home Pro for several months with no problems. I moved my computer to the other side of the room which included plugging the transceiver to the other side of the room as well. Now the lights don't work from AHP control panel. I moved the TM751 to several different outlets like X10 suggest but to no avail. Whats strange to me is that if I run an extension cord from the original outlet for the transceiver (in order to be still able to connect it to the USB port)  I can plut the TM751 into the new outlet and everything works fine. But why won't the tranceiver work the lights from that same outlet? (By transceiver I mean the "Two Way computer interface)
I hope this makes sense to you guys...its bewildering me completely! It only will work if the unit is connected to one certain outlet.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: AHP only works one way
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 03:20:17 PM »

It sounds like you might have a phase issue. There are several good threads that cover this and all you need to do is a search for phase couplers and or coupler/repeaters. You may also want to check out how to map your electrical circuits so you have a good idea of what circuits are on what phase. I think it was put together by Puck and is an excellent tutorial.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP only works one way
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:19:14 PM »

pattlr
KDR is right if you look here you'll find the links you need: Topic: Having ActiveHome Pro Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 16016 times) ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.