Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems with switching cameras with TM571  (Read 2344 times)

Drews

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problems with switching cameras with TM571
« on: April 09, 2007, 01:34:43 PM »

I got the software working and I got all my wireless cameras working. I now have four cameras hooked up and have the 4 camera grid up and running. I can click on each camera and activate that camera to live feed WITHOUT the TM571. When I plug in the TM571 I have nothing but problems. I'm aware of the phase and while unpluggin the TM571 to do some phase testing I noticed that I can easily switch cameras by clicking with my mouse while running the Vangaurd software. That being the case I continued testing WITHOUT the TM571, with which I had nothing but problems. That being the the case, why is the software able to switch the live camera without the TM571? Apparently either the Firecracker or the video receiver must be sending some sort of signal to the cameras. I verified that when it swithes cameras I am in fact getting a live feed from the camera, and not just a still that was there previously. This would imply that the cameras are on different frequencies somehow and the receiver can discern that, or that I am in fact changing the live camera WITHOUT the TM571. That being the case, I figured I'd try a motion detector assigned to a camera. I managed to get a motion detector operational, HOWEVER, when the motion detector switches to the associated camera grid position due to motion, the previous active camera becomes active in the new camera grid id. Example. Camera A2 is active, I have a motion detector associated with camera A1. The motion detector senses movement and switches to camera A1 in the grid, however, the image in grid A1 gets switched to a live feed of camera A2 rather than firing up A1. Odd seeing as how I was able to activate the camera with a mouse click, but the motion detector can't. Again, this is all being done WITHOUT a TM571, so apparently the motion detector is able to talk to the Vanguard software running on my computer via the Firecracker I guess. That being the case, what's the diffence whether I mouse click to activate the camera change in the software or input from the motion detector via the Firecracker does it. Again, APPARENTLY NONE OF THIS CAN HAPPEN WITHOUT THE TM571, BUT IT DOES. I went back to the TM571 and had nothing but problems, ie. I can't switch cameras while I'm in the Vanguard software and clicking with my mouse and the motion sensor doesn't work at all. If I disconnect the TM571 transceiver I can click on the different cameras in the grid with my mouse and properly activate them. My question is, what's the difference between being able to activate the cameras by clicking on the cameras in Vanguard with my mouse (WITHOUT the TM571 tranceiver installed) versus if the motion detector has to initially talk to the Firecracker which is hooked up to my computer? Seems to me that the Vanguard software is capable of switching the cameras WITHOUT the TM571 installed, but it can't do it via the motion detector, at least not fully, which initially has to contact the Vanguard software first anyway via the Firecracker module hooked up to my computer. Intuitively, it would seem that you wouldn't need the TM571 at all from what I've seen and that there's a glitch in the Vanguard Software. Can someone please give me some info on this. It would seem that the TM571 really isn't needed at all if the software could be corrected to handle switching cameras.

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problems with switching cameras with TM571
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 04:56:22 PM »

Wireless cameras are turned on and off by a powerline X10 signal. They work in groups of 4 units on the same House Code. Units 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16 are the groups. Send an On to any one of the four in a group the other three go off. So a D1 on would turn off cameras on D2 D3 and D4
Now for the TM751. It has no powerline receiver in it and if any other device is also sending a powerline control signal to the cameras at the same time. It will gleefully step on the X10 powerline signal and scramble it.
Motion sensors usually send an off after a predetermined time. So a direct RF ON from a sensor to a camera will turn it off again in a few minutes and turn off the other three in the same group of 4.

Drews

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Problems with switching cameras with TM571
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:59:24 PM »

Thanks,

Seeing as how I can switch cameras with the TM751 unplugged, can I assume my X10 security system is doing the X10 signal broadcasting to the cameras?

As far as the cameras switching when I click with my mouse, but not switching with the motion detector (it switches to the appropriate grid cell in the 4 view grid, but uses the line feed from the previous camera), do you have any idea why that is?

Thanks

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.