Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Program for CM15A  (Read 19625 times)

Rockhoppers

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New Program for CM15A
« on: January 26, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »

Hi guys, been getting a lot of advice and good info from this forum, so thought i would try and give something back.

I have been working on a program based around the CM15A system, and while i have no idea what the end result is going to be... i though you guys may be interested to see one guys ideas and interpretation.

I may make it a commercially availble bit of software if it all turns out ok, but not at the 400 bucks price tag that i here some systems want, just a few bucks to cover my costs, keep me in X10 goodies and allow me to develop it further, however that all depends on the feedback i get about the idea, the feel, the useabillity etc.

I am looking for a few people to help me develop it, test it, break it etc.... but they need to be patient as this is a hobby for me, not a business !

If anyone is interested in installing and running the software then drop me a mail, and i will send you a link to download it when i have a beta release ready.

For a sneak preview goto www.rockhoppers.co.uk

Andrew 

andrew@rockhoppers.co.uk

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: New Program for CM15A
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:14:33 PM »

Tell us a bit about what it will do. i.e. Why is it better? What will it do that the AHP software won't?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »

Actually clicking on the link supplied and the help link at the site explains it very well!
Is it better then AHP? That's up to the end user to decide! ;)
If It uses the SDK to communicate with the CM15A it is doubt full it will out perform AHP without added hardware!  :(
AHP isn't designed to work with a touch screen, so there is a plus! ;)
In any case it has my curiosity and I'll test run it! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Rockhoppers

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »

Thanks Tuiceman !

Have posted a few more screen shots......By no means a finnished product, but would like to get peoples feedback at this stage as things become harder to change the deep i go... Is there a definitive wish list, that could compliment my own..?

Steven R, i didn't approach it from a position of making it do things AHP won't, but more a position of what do I want as a user, without limiting to AHP's own suite of software and hardware products. I have often found in the past that a compnay will only develop their software to a certain degree, this helps them retain customers for their products if that is all it supports, if you have software that can support multiple suppliers, then your options as a user grow considerably. IMHO

As it is only a GUI it can be programmed to use anybodys hardware.

Andrew

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 09:24:45 AM »

...i didn't approach it from a position of making it do things AHP won't, but more a position of what do I want as a user...
Thanks for the clarification. Screens look good. Some of the the most useful programs for X10 products have come from users. I'll be interested in how things develop.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

heatvent

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 05:33:21 PM »

Very neat.  My understanding of the SDK is it does not allow extended commands and does not recognize security devices.  I assume this will somewhat limit core functionality that can only be done through AHP.

GregH

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 10:23:39 AM »

Stumbled upon this thread while cruising the forum.  Not much happening at rockhoppers.co.uk (the link just puts a photo).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 04:21:13 PM »

Read the entire thread, sounds interesting, but remember, UK X10 stuff won't work in the US/Canada and I suspect whatever rockhoppers.co.uk puts out probably won't work with our CM15A.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »

Actually,  I have Rockhopper's software and it runs fine on the US version.  I believe that Tuicemen has a link to the download on his page.

http://www.angelfire.com/in2/ontkoi/X10AHP/index.html
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.