Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why no mention of capture cards with X10?  (Read 5490 times)

essp2003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Why no mention of capture cards with X10?
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:16:27 PM »

Is X10 all device driven, or doesn't X10 picture software require a capture card?

I notice you need both video and capture software, where other  surveillance software can be either or, and have motion sensors in software for both as well.

The AHP seems like a good product to have if it works with other systems, but it may require all X10 components to function properly.

Sorry for the X10 questions, but the ads don't tell enough technical information, and all the lights flashing and a questionaire popping up every 5 seconds makes it hard to read anything without getting a headache.

Thanks!!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: Why no mention of capture cards with X10?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »

You may have seen mention of the X10 VA11A. It's a USB video capture device that's made by X10. ActiveHome Pro and Vanguard ICC use the VA11A exclusively for video capture; they don't allow the use of other video capture cards or devices.

Earlier X10 software products (made before X10 starting making the VA11A) have options for selecting the video capture device, and you can use whatever is connected to your system. The products that allow you to select the video capture device are XRay Vision, Multiview, and PanTilt Pro.

essp2003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »

You may have seen mention of the X10 VA11A. It's a USB video capture device that's made by X10. ActiveHome Pro and Vanguard ICC use the VA11A exclusively for video capture; they don't allow the use of other video capture cards or devices.

Earlier X10 software products (made before X10 starting making the VA11A) have options for selecting the video capture device, and you can use whatever is connected to your system. The products that allow you to select the video capture device are XRay Vision, Multiview, and PanTilt Pro.

Michael,

I've got old USB and not USB2, in my old 2002 Dell 530 workstations. Would you know if that's a problem? Its not set up real well to add USB2 and I  really don't want to waste a card slot for USB2. The only difference I'm aware of is being able to use keyboard when setting up bios, other than maybe a marginal speed difference.

Thanks!!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 06:36:59 PM »

The VA11A (and all other X10 USB devicecs so far) is USB1.1, so not having a USB2 port will not be a problem.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.