Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ir543 won't control some units  (Read 4894 times)

paul warshawsky

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
ir543 won't control some units
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:21:42 AM »

Why is it that whenever I try something new with X10 it never works the way it should the first time...

I have 4 lights on X10 in my basement that I want to control with an IR remote.  I bought the ir543 and noticed that it behaves strangely.  My modules are B6 - B9, but I also have 4 pairs of macros (D1-D4) to turn them on and off.  If I set the ir543 to D house code it works fine - I can turn the lights on and off without problem with 1-4 on/off.  If I set the ir543 to housecode B I can only turn on 1 of my lights!  The others don't respond to on/off or bright/dim.  The advantage of using the B housecode is that I can use the bright/dim.  The lights are 1 lamp module and 3 decorator dimmer switches. It is one of the dimmer switches that works.  I can trigger any macro with the ir543, though.

I have a cm15a if that matters.

Paul

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: ir543 won't control some units
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 07:21:51 AM »

Do you have a phase coupler or repeater? If not the cm15a maybe on the phase the  modules are on and the IR543 on the other. If the cm15a can receive the D signals and then the macros access the modules they work. When the IR543 is directly sending the B commands they may not be getting to the modules. Also could be a signal level thing. The cma5a maybe closer to the modules and can control them. Have you tried disconnecting electronic devices that maybe making noise and them try B again?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.