Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hidden Camera  (Read 5891 times)

mat231v6

Hidden Camera
« on: March 20, 2008, 09:18:57 PM »

Is there a way to find if there is a hidden X10 camera in my house. I don't at this point know if I would but. My x10 camera never comes in with a good signal. I was told interference, but I have no wireless devices, except for this wireless internet transmitter for the hotspot I use to connect to the internet. I really need help My wireless is so bad it wont even get a decent reception in the same room not even 15 feet apart. Could this be a defective camera?

Thanks for any help   
mat231v6

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Hidden Camera
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »

I was told interference, but I have no wireless devices, except for this wireless internet transmitter for the hotspot I use to connect to the internet.

That could do it! The cameras have 4 channels (A-D) try changing the channels 1st.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Hidden Camera
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »

mat231v6   other RF devices are not the only things that will cause issues with your cams!
Doing an Advanced search you will see there are many things that can cause interference!
Although it is most likely your wireless LAN  eliminating anything else will also improve your reception unless your content with viewing the cam in the same room! ;)
Start off by playing with the channels as Dave suggested, some wireless LANs have channels too! ;)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.