Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is MyHouse Online Working?  (Read 19642 times)

vegas75

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Is MyHouse Online Working?
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:32:54 AM »

Is myhouse working.  I was not able to connect last week or this week from work.  It stays on the start connection, then goes to cannot connect to my house, then loop again.  Nothing changed at work.  Are the servers working?

Drews

Re: Is MyHouse Online Working?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:40:41 AM »

Is myhouse working.  I was not able to connect last week or this week from work.  It stays on the start connection, then goes to cannot connect to my house, then loop again.  Nothing changed at work.  Are the servers working?

You may be experiencing the same problem I'm having connecting from a corporate network. I did port forwarding on 8001 and verified that I can in fact view MyHouse from a computer not on my home network (ie. my sfrom my sister's computer at her house), so I know I'm broadcasting outside of my LAN now. However, from work, still no dice. It may be the proxy server at work is causing problems. They may have upgraded something, probably because they saw a 'security rick' from you viewing MyHouse at work.

bluzmann

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:51:03 PM »

I have used Myhouse for over a year and sometime in the last week or so it has become unreliable.  It seems to be accessible more at night so my suspicion is server capacity at X10's end during daytime hours.  It is unfortunate that I can't get a straight answer from customer care.  If they were honest and tell me that it is a capacity problem and is being worked on with some hope of improvement, I would be patient.  However, most responses to my emails are filled with more technical questions that I must answer first!

Has anyone found a way to get access to technical support or management to properly address this issue?

Drews

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »

I have used Myhouse for over a year and sometime in the last week or so it has become unreliable.  It seems to be accessible more at night so my suspicion is server capacity at X10's end during daytime hours.  It is unfortunate that I can't get a straight answer from customer care.  If they were honest and tell me that it is a capacity problem and is being worked on with some hope of improvement, I would be patient.  However, most responses to my emails are filled with more technical questions that I must answer first!

Has anyone found a way to get access to technical support or management to properly address this issue?

I've found they use their spport people as human shields for the managers. THe support people are also lying losers and you have to stay up their ass and call back50 times before MAYBE something will get addressed, but only if you're a real persistent a-hole and don't let them weasle out of their responsibilities. about 5 different people have promised to call me back or to have something addrees within 24-48 hours (standard techno speak) only to be ignored once again. Then, after getting someone on the phone to them address the problem of then not addressing the problem, they start in on the standard cock and bull story like you're calling for the first time about the problem, when they clearly have a digital record right in front of them of the number of times you called. Standard broken record procedure. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at frist, but then I just starting getting really pissed. Their customer support (I'm sure per the management) is probably the worst case of fake nice-nice bull****ters. Probably a bunch of Barbie and Ken dolls that are instructed to just read from a support checklist card with the most important point on the checklist being that suspender wearing, cigar-smoking, Lexus driving, thrice divorced middle-management player never has to deal with anything.

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 03:05:56 PM »

I have used Myhouse for over a year and sometime in the last week or so it has become unreliable.
Same here.  I used it successfully at the beginning of this year, say up until April or so, but since then, I can't connect.  The "MyHouse Status" window just cycles from starting a connection to connection failure over & over again.  From searches on this forum, it appears that the problem is at the X10 server end.  ALSO from many, many other searches regarding troubleshooting of various x10 problems, it's apparent that the X10 powers-that-be either don't read this forum, don't have the resources to address these intermittent problems, or just don't care to acknowledge them...  Is there anyone out there?!?  Can anyone give us a straight answer??
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

psycho

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 04:05:53 PM »

Me too.  For the past couple of weeks, I could not connect.  No help from tech "support". Always something "wrong on my end" rather than theirs.  Then today, miraculously, its working again.  I am not changing anything on my end and the reliability is clearly on X10's end.  Tech support quit responding when I finally asked them to explain what "verify plugin registration" meant, which was the error I kept getting.

Henri T

• using X-10 since '80s ...
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »

Hi guys!

I can connect today, but can not see my cams via the video monitering screen.

Who can help us at X10 ???

Thank you !
:) Automation is funny with X10 Gadgets ! ;)

jannison

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 10:43:36 AM »

I have been using the system for over a year from work. I am the IT manager and have set up a firewall bypass for my one computer and gererally have had successful X10 access to my home about 70% of the time...........BUT lately there is not even a successful connection to the X10 server and other issues until about 8am PDT. It appears their servers go down (or what ever) during the night, then someone comes in the morning and kicks it to get things going.
I know my system is up at home because I have access to it through Windows remote desktop. The remote is the only thing reliable.

DeltaNu1142

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 11:24:45 AM »

It's obviously an end user issue.  Follow all of the steps in this thread, rinse & repeat.
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.