Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good Place to buy the VA11A  (Read 3820 times)

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Good Place to buy the VA11A
« on: May 02, 2007, 04:08:10 PM »

Hi all,

I am finally ready to break down and buy the VA11A. I'm certainly not going to but it from X-10 directly @ 69.99. I have seen several new on e-bay @ 36.99 and 38.99 plus shipping. Does anyone know of a better price somewhere else or suggest if one e-bay retailer (other than price) is  better than another? 
I would appreciate it.

x-10 below wholesale--38.99
digitronex domain ---36.99
the home automation store---38.99

Thanks again for any help.
J.Palmisano

teez67f

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
Re: Good Place to buy the VA11A
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »

Here is a link to va11a package deal.It is hidden within X-10 site but should still be valid.I assume you have a XCAM already? ???
If you only need one cam X-10 is good enough.For more serious Surveillance email me have many links.
I have plenty of day/night cams in&around the home.Not X-10 all nightvision capable with audio. ;)

http://www.x10.com/products/va11a_ed_nkpp_ps1208.html

USB Video Capture Adapter     
XRay Vision Software (X10.com Download)    
Package Deal Includes:
USB PC Transceiver    
Ninja Pan & Tilt Robotic Camera Mount    
Ninja ScanPad Controller    
PanTilt Pro Software    
FREE FedEx Shipping    

NOW ONLY: $79.99     ;D

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:04:39 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion..

I guess I should have added this before.
I upgraded to active home pro and received with it
1. Iwhitness software
2. myhouse online software
3. and some other things

When I purchased this the page conveniently left out that in order to make these usable(with video) you need the Va11a. So I am looking for what I need to make these usable.

That is a good package, might I also need the cm19a for anything? I really don't know based on the software I have if it can do anything for me....???? I also have the ds7000 security system (with many addons), cameras, vcr commander and audio/video controller.
Thanks

teez67f

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 12:38:39 AM »

ActiveHomePro just purchased it?
Hope you went for the full package at 49.99 which includes OnAlert security module.I use it with DS10A&MS10A and it works great.
By the way if the range is not enough with CM15A may I suggest antenna mods -some really great ones out there.
If you need any help please feel free to post it in the appropriate section and/or email me.

As for the CM19A it is a RF transceiver USB powered and works with X-Ray vision soft(free) and Firecracker(also free).
If you have a second PC you can use it to turn lights or react to motion sensors.
You're CM15A should be within range or to avoid repeated commands use it for certain housecodes not transceived by CM15A with a TM751.
You may also simply keep as a backup in case CM15A goes on the fritz.
It is included in package and you can even control cams with it.Uses are endless restricted only by the user.
The best bet is look around the forum by searching CM19A terms.
The oldtimers have some great ideas either relating to CM19A or X-10 in general.
I can honestly tell you by looking around it saved me headaches and aggravation as well teaching me some neat tricks. ;)

Spend a whole lot of time on this forum before spending money on X-10 to make sure you get what you need.

Hurts less to read than spending money and realizing it does not do what you expected or not what you needed at all.

[TTA Edit: Combined 2 sequential posts into 1 via MODIFY. ;) ]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:03:11 AM by TakeTheActive »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.