Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can sound comparisons between audible cameras trigger device events on AHP?  (Read 56587 times)

essp2003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

What if you were to connect the mics to a PCI DAQ?  You should be able to pick up a cheap one for under $200 that will be good enough to decide which mic is loudest.

That sounds like a good universal solution. Those look pretty cool for sound cards with a wide range of Hz (not as wide as would prefer, but much wider than thought available on first card w/ free software seen), and also had vibration analysis which covers the lower and higher Hz not covered in audible sound. An easy correlation. I think a positive ion meter would be all that would needed to cover any type sound, but my Ultrasonics guru got in car accident and in hospital now, so the positive ion meter utility is just a student theorm in the mean time (positive ions are harmful electronic charge which if measured would validate inaudible 'pain' sounds with matching vibration and audible simultaneous measures). And relational mics to pinpoint target for ultrasonic beams, or direction for wider dispered infrasonic beams.

You know I've noticed Walmart and Home Depot have and utilize ultrasonics in their stores. Its unmistakable effects are clear as day once you have been subjected to them repeatedly. I had heard they did use them, but didn't believe it until experienced it on Sunday at both stores. There are $85 shirt pocket Ultrasonics blasters now, but both times looked around when 'heard' them and nothing but cctv cameras in bubbles around me  :-(  Security guards having a chuckle no doubt.

A great suggestion Roger!

Don't know about matching all the other parameters, but its sure a good model to make work, comparing known cost, limitations, and benefits.

essp2003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

WOWEEEE!

Here's a FTP application for 16 video and 16 audio channels and the latest and greatest H264 software for $46 (8V/8A Channels for $29).

http://www.h264soft.com/index.html

Now we are starting to talk. I would still like a dvr with remote 1000GB harddrive and dvd, but at least now have the means to start out with a couple of cameras, and expand later. It is Windows based which will work, if I can use a drive outside my main workstation(s) or possibly on the web even (?). I guess the dvr card capability will be the bottleneck, but this looks like an application to grow with your system. Figuring out the minimum to start with 2 wireless audio IR cameras will be the hard part.

2 wireless cameras does not look too taxing for this software's efficiency (in FAQS on his site). I'd heard about h264, but initially it was from a rip off who wanted to schedule your time to tell how much it is (yeah, right, keep waiting by the phone).

Anyway, thought I'd share this with everyone. No matter what, its got to be worth more than a $2,000 1957 Chrysler buried in cracked concrete vault for 50 years, lol. Figureing out the interfaces will be a chore depending on what else is required, but its the first software that I've seen that has 'my future' minimum requirements, AND AT A BARGAIN!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 04:02:38 PM by essp2003 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.