HELP!
« on: November 02, 2005, 01:08:12 PM »

I HAVE A QUESTION. I AM RUNNING 3 CAMERAS,
ONE IS A VT38A FLOOD CAM AND TWO ARE XCAM2
CAMERAS WITH VK74A NINJA ROBOTIC MOUNTS
WITH TWO EAGLE EYE MOTION SENSORS. I'M
USING THE VANGUARD SOFT WARE WITH A CM19A
TRANSCEIVER AND A TM 751 TRANSCEIVER. I AM
CURRENTLY USING A  PSX01 SMART REPEATER.

THE FIRST QUESTION IS IT OK TO USE MORE
THAN ONE TM 751 TRANSCEIVER SET TO THE SAME
HOUSE CODE IN THIS SETUP.
THE OTHER QUESTION IS WHY SOME TIMES IN
VANGUARD THE CAMERA WHEN DETECTING MOTION
DOESN'T COME UP IN THE CORRECT WINDOW WITH
THE CORRECT CAMERA NAME?
LAST!ON THE PSX01 SMART REPEATER WHEN IT
RECEIVES RF THE RED LIGHTS UP AND WHEN IT
SENDS THE RED LIGHTS UP. BUT WHEN YOU SEND
A FIRECRACKER FROM THE CM 19A THE RED LIGHT
DOES NOT COME ON THE SMART REPEATER? WHAT
IS THE DEAL WITH THAT.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Drews

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 04:03:07 PM »

Did you get any resolution on this. I'm having similar problems. Interesting thing I noticed, when I take the TM751 out of the loop (pull out of outlet) I can switch cameras from the vanguad software manually with the mouse (odd, I thought you needed the TM751 to do that), but when I do it with the motion sensor, it switches to the other cell in the grid of cameras but the previous live cell's camera view shows up in the new cell. Intuitively this tells me, you don't need a TM751 to switch cameras because the multiple cameras are broadcasting on different frequencies and the software is just changing the freq it's listening to when you click with the mouse, and two, even though the firecracker is picking up what the motion sensor is telling it, the software will knows that an event occurred, switches the camera grid cell, but doesn't change the freq it's listening to. This appears to be a software problem and no wall outlet transceivers are needed, despite what the help desk chick got in my face over.

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 10:45:53 AM »

TM751's are not "Polite". If you have more than one on the same house code and 2 or more receive the same signal ; All that receive the signal will try to send it causing collisions.
If you need more than one transceiver on the same house code, it's better to use the RR501. The RR501 is "Polite" and will wait to send the signal.
The RR501 is discontinued BUT can still be found at places such as Automatedoutlet.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 02:47:44 PM »

what kind of video receiver are you using?  are you using a video in on your computer? if your using the x10 video receiver make sure the letter code on it is the same as the cameras, and power supply of the cameras.

as for the tm751 duck69 or correct about them not playing nicely.  You need at least one transceiver to turn the cameras off and on through the power line, everything else is rf.

make sure the motion sensor is on another house code than the cameras. (example: sensor on b1, camera on c, camera power supply c1, c2, c3 etc., video receiver on c)  hope this helps
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.