Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bug In My Smart Macro??  (Read 41304 times)

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Bug In My Smart Macro??
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 09:58:46 AM »

Yes, you are right ... Set Absolute to 65%

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »

Yes, you are right ... Set Absolute to 65%

Thanks!! well so far so good, but we'll have to see, tried it last night and everything seemed to work. Just got my new Leviton dimmer light switches these things are slick, they ramp up to full bright in about two seconds and if you send a dim command they ramp up without going to full bright first wow this will be great in the morning!!! check them out they are actually listed in AHP under lighting model# 6381 plus they remember the last dim level!! got um on sale for 29 bucks bought 4 of them plus they have that intellisense built in they say it's so go you really don't even need a signal bridge well I don't know about that but I just think they will be more dependable in critical lighting conditions like my front porch when I'm out of town or away I want to have the extra assurance of intellisense that the proper dim level will be set, well we'll see going to do a control and not change anything tonight just to see what happens with the x10 dimmable switches Im currently using for the porch then switch over after I see if the problem still persists. And thanks again for the suggestion of the Activity Monitor! it's been a BIG BIG help in trying to track this problem down x10 is still mum on this  suggesting my signal bridge repeater might be the problem but I have at least 4 timers that come on every night at dust and they never dim to complete darkness I only have this problem when I use Smart Macros, between you and me I think these macros are kind of DUMB  ;D

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 12:03:28 AM »

Alert, Alert concerning those Leviton 6381's well it seems like they aren't accepting the dim commands the CM15a is sending it BOY IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING  >:(
Only really bought these because x10 had them listed under lamps so I assumed they were compatible as a matter of fact I posted a question months ago asking if these were any known compatibility issues but no one responded so I guess I just assumed they were compatible. But I pressed D4 for the second half of that macro and although it dimmed the lights is certainly didn't dim them 35 percent maybe 10 or 15% or so but no way close to 35 so now I guess I'll have to call Leviton and see what's up I can return them and get a refund which is what I might wined up doing if I can't get this resolved O-WELL  :'(

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2007, 05:10:42 AM »

Say Don Thanks!!!! well seems like the absolute thing did the trick!! it's been two going on three weeks now and it appears to be working perfectly no additional dim commands, say what do you think was causing it?? something to do with the relative dim levels??? and why don't these relative dim commands work anyway what I've discovered is that they fluctuate, sometimes like if you have a command to go from 70 percent to 100 and back to 70 and you execute it say ten times often times it might result in varying levels of brightness maybe at least a third of the time getting it wrong by either dimming to much and maybe not enough, is this the software or hardware, the x10 light switches or possibly a combination of the two. If x10 would really get there act together this product would be incredible like I've often said this product has incredible potential but has been just plagued with  software and hardware problems specifically the range problem on the hardward side and I remember even two years after the initial release that there were still software issues I remember that I read a post that a guy wrote 14 months after the CM15a had been release and he was complaining about the fact that he was still having issues with the timers!!!!! I mean this isn't an operating system and as much as I have complained about windows in the past for God sake with a few million lines of code you would expect some problems but this has to be one of the poorest written software programs for it's size that I think I've seen in recent time there's just no excuse for the core program not to run perfectly I've heard this thing has so many patches that it's code looks like a calico cat. Thre's really nothing on the market that even comes close to what this thing has the potential of doing unless you'll going to shell out some big bucks! I'm currently talking to a major manufacturer to make some much needed improvments and market it under an entirely diffrent name and design I'm tired of wating on x10, stay tuned!!!

Tom j

Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.