Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: ahp and cm15a review  (Read 3393 times)

bradleystownsend

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
Re: ahp and cm15a review
« on: May 28, 2007, 12:35:08 PM »

AHP is the bugiest most frustrating software I have ever experienced.  Other than these forums there is no support available.  Pretty sad when the users are doing all the support.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 04:17:38 PM »

bradleystownsend :
I read all your first 13 posts  every one is a bash to X10! Not that  they aren't warranted but I'm tired of reading the same complains from the same person!
Calm down!!!! ;)
How about explaining your problem in detail so the members here can help you on the way to getting a reliable system?
There are very few situations that can't be fixed if your willing to spend some time!
Please be as specific as you can when listing your problems!
For every problem you have there are others with the same problem, many just read and will never post. How about helping them out if not your self? ::) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bradleystownsend

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:13:55 AM »

Just saw your reply.  Have been away with lif and work for a while.  I have ignored AHP and it's pluggins for most of this time.  Time away is good, new perspective, and somethings fix themsleves.

Crow if age'd properly and cooked slowly tastes kinda like chicken!  :)  My security plugin now works very well!  I cleaned up my macros and changed ISP's a little over a month ago.  I tried every setting I could think of with the old ISP and my SMTP server and even though I could email anyone anywhere with outlook not requiring authentication, the security plugin just wouldn't work.  I'm not sure the MyHouse plugin can send mail, but don't really need it to.  Sorry x10!  But i still don't know exactly what was wrong.

Now I am turning my attention to the RF signals from the pad controller and CM15a.  I think I have a misbehaving appliance of sometype in my house right now, I will find that.  One nagging thing is the CM15a freezing up and needing to be refreshed with timers.  I have had that problem for as long as I have had AHP.  Interesting that the security macros continue to work.  I have read the forums and don't see any fixes for the interface.

Thanks for your patients with my frustrations.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 02:45:35 PM »

bradleystownsend   Nice to hear your system is starting to behave, AHP does need tweeking in order to get everything working Properly!
It really isn't Plug and Play the way it is advertised! :(
I'm not sure the MyHouse plugin can send mail, but don't really need it to.
The problem here most likely is: Most ISP block X10 mail as spam. I had to tell my ISP mail filter that it wasn't  ;)
I have read the forums and don't see any fixes for the interface.
If I remember there was a mod posted that would reset the CM15A without the dreaded battery ritual! (something I haven't had to do in along time now ::) )
Topic: Want to eliminate the battery ritual?  (Read 17116 times)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.