Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nothing bad to say here!  (Read 9325 times)

bam320

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Nothing bad to say here!
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »

Bought an x10 4 camera system & then found this forum. Man did I think I made a mistake. Got a no frill system & hooked it through a Mace time lapse recorder to a small b/w TV. System bounces to all 4 cameras. Clarity is perfect, reception more than good enough. keep the recorder set on the 30 hour mode so playback is more clear. We feel safe! We have had some problems with someone cutting the return line at the swimming pool, (2 times last year & 1 time this year) causing the pump to drain about 3500 -3800 gallons of water before the pump goes dry & then goes bye-bye. The police have told me the only way to have a chance to get them is with a video system. Well I hope they never show up again but if they do I think we'll be ready. So to all the people moaning & groaning about their system follow the KISS method for I have found it works!   Thanks x10!  :D

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: Nothing bad to say here!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:25:22 AM »

Thanks bam320 for your post. Could you tell us what cameras your using?

Glad everything is working good and hope you stay dry  :D

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:08:31 AM »

bam320,

Glad to hear that the cameras are working for you.

In addition to the cameras you may want to concider purchasing  a level sensor for your pool. This would shut the pump off when the level in the pool drooped below a preset point. That way if the vandals strike again you would not loose the pump.

Jim
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:06:08 AM by JimC »
_ _ ...  ..._ _

bam320

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 08:15:40 AM »

bam320,

Glad to hear that the cameras are working for you.

In addition to the cameras you may want to concider purchasing  a level sensor for your pool. This would shut the pump off when the level in the pool drooped below a preset point. That way if the vandals strike again you would not loose the pump.

Jim

Simple idea that I never knew existed! I have an above ground pool. Some items are for in-ground or above ground only. I have only seen the water level float that maintains a keep fill level but never knew about a sensor that will work for a low level situation. Thanks!

caddy55

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 09:40:19 AM »

Hey Bam, 8)
  I bought a 4 camera system to, I don't know if it's the same one your using but I'm getting ready to install
it and I want to use it for pretty much the same thing I have a pool, no problems yet but ya never know.
anyway i was wondering, in my case I want to hook mine up to my PC so I can monitor my home/yard/pool from
my office or anywhere else for that matter, have you done that? Are you familiar on how to do it?
       thanks

bam320

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 10:54:51 PM »

Hey Bam, 8)
  I bought a 4 camera system to, I don't know if it's the same one your using but I'm getting ready to install
it and I want to use it for pretty much the same thing I have a pool, no problems yet but ya never know.
anyway i was wondering, in my case I want to hook mine up to my PC so I can monitor my home/yard/pool from
my office or anywhere else for that matter, have you done that? Are you familiar on how to do it?
       thanks

Sorry for the slow reply! I use the low light b/w cameras. No computer (heard way too much bad & scared me off) I record with a MACE  time lapse recorder. Has worked PERFECT with NO distortations at all. Matter of fact we had bad storms go through here earlier this month & headed to the basement. That's where I have the tv & recorder. We watched 80 mph winds roll through with tons of lightning. Power went off, whole house generator went on & within 30 seconds we were watching the storm again. No, I repeat no distortions at all. 4 hours later & 8" of rain (thats a lot for northern Illinois) & 1 short nap the system was still working fine. When installing these products you need to find the perfect setup first. Play with it until everything is working perfect and then mount it. I ain't rocket science and is more than worth the money.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 09:55:46 AM »

When installing these products you need to find the perfect setup first. Play with it until everything is working perfect and then mount it. I ain't rocket science and is more than worth the money.

Your so right! It's easy to build a system in your head, then realize that the proportions and angles aren't correct once the system is up. I had wires laying accross the yard for a weekend while I checked and double checked my locations. I purchased a mix of both X10 wired and wireless (plus a couple other brand cameras). I really am most impressed with the X10 cameras!

My X10 cameras have performed flawlessly from day one. They are tough, relieable lttle work horses.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.