Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP with Iwitness Plugin  (Read 11498 times)

cswca

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP with Iwitness Plugin
« on: June 16, 2007, 12:27:26 AM »

Just recently received my hardware and software which includes AHP with Iwitness module, VA11A, CM15A, 2 Ninjas, motion sensor and some other goodies (listed below).  Any ways I installed all my software and wanted to try and view my test camera (Astak) through AHP and could not get video to come up in AHP while testing everything here in my office.  I read through the forum, reinstalled the VA11A drivers, rebooted, and still nothing.  I than went into windows movie maker to test the camera through the VA11A and it worked fine  ???.  I then went back into AHP and selected "view", "cameras" and dragged the SC18A camera icon into "myroom" and clicked "go live" and now I can view my Astak camera in AHP.  I don't know if this is the proper way to do it but seems to work fine.  I'm still familiarizing myself with the software and plan on having lots of fun learning everything ;D.

My System
----------------------------------
Computer: Windows XP, AMD 3200+, ATI Radeon x700 series/256mb, 1 Gig Ram
AHP Version: 3.204 with Iwitness plugin
VA11A driver version: 3/19/2001, 2.0.0.55
Lorex Color Quad Processor SGQ4160
VA11A - USB video adapter capture
CM15A - Computer interface with USB cable
Camera: Astak night vision color CM-818W
(2) Ninja VK74A Pan and tilt system
]

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: AHP with Iwitness Plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 12:48:12 AM »

Just recently received my hardware and software which includes AHP with Iwitness module, VA11A, CM15A, 2 Ninjas, motion sensor and some other goodies (listed below). 

Sounds (reads) like your on your way! I also have an Astak (cam the one with the IR). I have heard they fit the Ninja's real nice. Is that what you have planned?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cswca

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 12:58:48 AM »

Sounds (reads) like your on your way! I also have an Astak (cam the one with the IR). I have heard they fit the Ninja's real nice. Is that what you have planned?

Yes that is what I have planned, I plan on mounting 2 Astaks to my 2 Ninjas and having 2 fixed Astaks for a total of (4) cameras.  I have the Astak CM-818W with IR and the 3 holes in the base of the camera do not line up with the 2 holes in the base of the Ninja so I guess I will have to fabricate something but looks like I can get it to work.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:59:36 AM »

cswca ... I have all my Astak cams on ninjas and they work great. If you line up one of the mounting holes in the cam base with one hole in the ninja it is fairly close to center. You can drill a small pilot hole for the other 2 and use small self-taping screws. (the top of the ninja snaps off)

Whats nice is the way the cam tilts down on its own base, you can tilt it all the way forward which makes the ninja tipped back a bit to see level. Then when you tilt the ninja all the way forward you can almost look straight down. ( great when the cam setup is mounted high up).

One other note on the 2 you will mount in a fixed position. If the base is mounted upside down you will have to flip the camera on its base. The cam is held on by 2 tiny screws and if you look close you will see 2 tiny holes on top of the cam body. (If you don't do this the image will be inverted.)

Have fun.... those cams are great in low light and no light. They can flicker a bit in very high sunlight though so watch pointing into the sun.

----------------KDR
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 07:04:02 AM by KDR »
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.