Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Firmware Revisions and Module History  (Read 81013 times)

Lightmaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Firmware Revisions and Module History
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »

I know this is a pretty old thread now, but I pulled out my TM751 to check the firmware version.   

(For reference, for anyone taking a TM751 apart, be very careful when splitting the halves.  The circuit board with the electronics will want to stay with the back half of the case, while the antenna is attached to the front half.  The antenna has a VERY short wire connecting it, and it would be very easy to pull this wire clean off while trying to undo the bottom case snaps!)   :o

This TM751 has a date code sticker of 07F23, but no firmware sticker on the outside.  On the inside, there is the main circuit board (brown), with a very small IC that reads: "EM78P153SNJ".  There is also a small green circuit board attached to this, with the markings "=11245A, 26" on the circuit board, and a single IC marked "HiMARK, RX3310A-LF, AF 1586.1b"

I'm pretty sure that all of these are just IC part numbers or board numbers.... so it looks like not all revisions of these will have a firmware version indicated...

Lightmaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »

Oh, and also, there is a RR501 on eBay with a good picture of the back, showing a date code of "9A02" and a firmware sticker of "PG0283B".

Here is the picture, although this will probably become a dead link in a few weeks...

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 08:25:17 PM »

...a single IC marked "HiMARK, RX3310A-LF...
That explains why you never saw the endless dim problem. The Hi-Mark RX3310A is a superheterodyne RF receiver that replaced the X10 designed superregenerative RF receiver that was at the heart of the problem.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.