Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cant control the ninja?  (Read 14056 times)

cswca

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
cant control the ninja?
« on: June 16, 2007, 11:02:33 PM »

I have just received the setup below and am trying to familiarize myself and cant get my ninja to move at all.  I have the following setup
----------------------------------------
Computer: Windows XP, AMD 3200+, ATI Radeon x700 series/256mb, 1 Gig Ram
AHP Version: 3.204 with Iwitness plugin
VA11A driver version: 3/19/2001, 2.0.0.55
Lorex Color Quad Processor SGQ4160
VA11A - USB video adapter capture
CM15A - Computer interface with USB cable
Camera: Astak CM-818W night vision color CM-818W
(2) Ninja VK74A Pan and tilt system
--------------------------------------------------
I have verified that my VA11A and CM15A drivers are listed and installed in the device manager and are plugged in.  All I want to do at this time is get my ninja (no camera mounted) to move either with the remote control (yes I put the batteries and it lights when I press a button) or within AHP.  When I plug the ninja into an outlet it will initiate by panning, I assume to set itself to a certain position, but after that it will not move at all.  I noticed that the hand held remote has addresses A-P and the plug for the ninja has addresses A-P and 1-16 as well.  Does AHP and the CM15A play a role in getting the darn thing to pan with the hand held remote; I don't see why it should.  I would think I would be able to have my computer off, have the ninja plugged into an outlet, set them both to the same letter and that I could point the remote at it and get it to move?  The directions are vague and don't know where to begin?

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: cant control the ninja?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:27:22 AM »

The Ninja will only work after the camera is first selected. (The camera is not needed for this test, though.) Set the Ninja and remote control to the same House Code Letter (A-P); set the Ninja to Unit Code number 1. Press C1 (camera 1) on the remote. Then use the arrows to move the Ninja around. (The P1 thru P4 are preset positions and nothing will happen until you program them according to the directions.)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.