Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro Ignores Time Conditions  (Read 3051 times)

jayhalloran

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Macro Ignores Time Conditions
« on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »

I am really new to the X-10 world.  I have set up AHP with several modules and controls.  All seems to be working fine after overcoming some minor phase/noise problems.  My question is about conditional timing in macros.  I set up a couple of macros to turn on entry lights based on motion detection.  It works fine until I add timing parameters to the macro.  The macros ignore the time conditions and behave just the same as if the time conditions were not there.  I have tried several different combinations of timing to no avail.  This is one variation of the macro:

Trigger Conditions Entry Motion - Motion Detected and
It's After Dusk and
It's Before Dawn
End Trigger Conditions
Turn Entry Light ON
WAIT 30 Seconds
Turn Entry Light OFF

It doesn't matter if it is day or night, the light still turns on with motion.  Between changes to the macro I purge delayed macro events and clear interface memory.  What am I missing?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Macro Ignores Time Conditions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:53:15 PM »

What is the address of the light your turning on and of the motion sensor?
They can't be the same address! ;) well they can your macro with conditions just won't work!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jayhalloran

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 01:17:49 AM »

Entry lamp is H8 and motion senson is B1.

jayhalloran

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 02:31:42 AM »

In both of my macros I gave the macro the same name as the pertinent motion sensor.  I changed the name of each macro and now the macros recognize the time conditions.  As a retired programmer I would call that a bug.  Perhaps it is somewhere in the documentation and, if so, I take back my accusation.

jayhalloran

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 05:16:51 PM »

My previous post is false.  I was tricked into thinking it was working correctly because of the inconsistant behavior of the system.  I reported the problem to X10 technical support yesterday and today I got an email from richardh at X10 that it is a problem and they are working on it.  This is his reply to me:

"I apologize for not getting back to you we are still trying to get that to work. It’s like you said if you put a particular day it will work. There really no rhyme or reason for it. I will keep you informed."

So, let's hope they really fix the problem and not just come up with a work-around.

Its_me

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »

I'm having the same problem. My macro runs all the time even when I have time conditions set. I have tried erasing the USB interface memory and redownloading. Nothing works. I also had the problem with rf reception (very little range) on the CM15A. I ended up attaching a 12" section of coat hanger to the antenna and it is much better. I bought this package around a year ago, so I ran updates hoping the issues have been resolved

I want to buy a bunch of modules and get to automating, but I am holding off until I see if I can even use the system at all. One light module will not work at all in the location I need to use it. It is sending the on command from the cm15A (activity monitor) so I feel my ac lines may be a problem as well.

I hope we can get a solution to the AHP problems. I am new on this board and plan to do a little research.

Good luck.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.