Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: adding transceiver to bridge  (Read 6570 times)

zotee98

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
adding transceiver to bridge
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »

i was wondering if a solution to a signal problem would be to add a transceiver on the same line? isnt the idea behind the transceiver is it repeats a code that is sent out? the transceiver has got me a little puzzeled. not sure i completly understand them.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: adding transceiver to bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:10:26 PM »

No the tranceiver (TM751, RR501) does not repeat. It picks up the RF signal containing X10 code being transmitted from a wirless controller (motion detector, palm pad, key fob, etc) and TRANCEIVES it to PLC code, placing it on the powerline which is how the remote modules are controlled. 

Just to make sure you are completely confused, there are two main types of repeaters: X10 makes a "RF repeater that picks up RF signals from the controllers I mentioned above, and repeats the RF signal at a higher strength to achieve greater transmission distance for the wireless controller.

There are also PLC repeaters which pick up the X10 PLC signal from one of the powerline phases in your house, amplifies it and rebroadcasts it on the other phase of your homes powerline (they also amplify the signal on the original phase). 

There is lots of information on the forum which explains in more depth. Search for "repeaters", "tranceivers" etc.

Also try this: JV Digital Engineering's X10 Troubleshooting Tutorials- Feedback/Input Requested

[TTA Edit: Added description to LINK.]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:49:50 PM by TakeTheActive »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.